Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

question for everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013 | 02:00 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by ko67
If your weapon is not readily accessible and ready to fire ( round chambered), then you might as well be carrying a rock.
A rock might be more dangerous. I remember watching the old Superman series when he would stand there as the bad guys would bounce bullets off his chest. When their gun was empty they'd always throw it at him and THEN he'd duck.

Old 04-06-2013 | 07:02 PM
Default 2 shot deringer

i personally carry a DA38, .40 S&W because i can. if need for self-defense or to euthanize a hurt animal after a collision or whatever.

Originally Posted by Conrice
this is very simple.
1) cop runs your plates AS you're being pulled over
2) you come back as a CCW permit holder
3) he assumes you have a gun on you - whether you do or don't, no matter how well it's concealed
about #3 conrice, even if your CCW can't be brought up, it is always assumed that you are armed on every traffic stop.

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
A rock might be more dangerous. I remember watching the old Superman series when he would stand there as the bad guys would bounce bullets off his chest. When their gun was empty they'd always throw it at him and THEN he'd duck.
AWESOME!!

there's also a lot of bada$$es on here. armchair bada$$es.

Last edited by TOWCTD; 04-06-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: armchair.....................
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Originally Posted by TOWCTD

about #3 conrice, even if your CCW can't be brought up, it is always assumed that you are armed on every traffic stop.

and i made that point earlier....

the whole point of what i was saying is - when us "sportbikers" get pulled over - we usually aren't going 5mph over the speed limit. i don't think i'm a criminal - but i guarantee that i don't look like the upstanding citizen while being pulled over for a 20+mph infraction (or any other of the many things we tend to get pulled over for)

which is why i hold my arms out regardless. but if it gets pulled up as a CCW (or even worse - when i'm my wife's bike (the cop see's a man on a bike registered to a woman)), there's a slit second thought that could go through the LEO's mind that my intentions aren't always great.

holding your arms out as a motorcyclist i feel is an advantage.

and if you're out for a ride (not commuting) - imho, it's best to leave the gun at home.

but i said that in my first or second comment - they assume your up to no good because that's how they (cops) are trained - it's what keeps them safe. and i've made peace with that fact.

Old 04-06-2013 | 11:19 PM

I carry everytime I leave my house. On my bike, in my truck, doesn't matter. Open or concealed, doesn't matter. PA is not a must inform state, and my LTCF is not connected to my plates or license. So if a cop asks if I have anything illegal on me, my response is "I do not have anything illegal".

It is my inalienable right to carry, so I do. A cop can assume all day long that I am a criminal, and even act like I am, but that's not my problem. If I get pulled over for speeding or something along those lines, me carrying, concealed or otherwise, has absolutely no bearing on the traffic stop.

I was pulled over once for a few miles an hour over the speed limit. But the stop turned into a big to do because my firearm was showing. I was disarmed, firearm unloaded, checked for stolen status, which it was not. The officer went back to his car and called for back up. 2 other officers were called to the scene. I know my rights, and everything that transpired, concerning my firearm was illegal. "For my safety" was his reason for taking my firearm. I got a lecture about how I shouldn't even carry, apparently he felt that only the police should carry. I guess he thought, he could intimidate me by having a fat old cop and another officer there.

I couldn't care less if you or anyone else carry, and the theory that you being on a bike and can leave the situation, as a reason you don't need to carry is ridiculous. What about being boxed in at a stop? What about getting off your bike for a rest somewhere? I'm not a fool to think I can be like some action star and have a gunfight on the bike, but I am also not naive to think I wouldn't need my firearm while I am on my bike. With practice and training, you would be surprised what muscle memory will do in an adrenaline pumping situation.

As far as a cop shooting you, well, it can happen as seen in the video. But the reality is, if the officer acts like that, then maybe he shouldn't be trusted with a gun. The biker may not have helped the situation with his reaction and the way he turned with his hand near his waist. But the cop was a little to ready to shoot. He has a 4000lb shield between him and the biker, no reason to shoot, imo.

As far as connecting my LTCF to my license, screw that!! They can kiss my ***. I have nothing to hide, but, at the same time, my firearm should not have anything to do with a traffic stop, unless I was seen leaving the scene of a crime.