Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

question for everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013 | 04:24 PM
|
Default question for everyone!

Hey guys just wondering how many of you carry well you ride.
I personally will be carring a smith and wesson 9mm sheild with me while I ride this summer.

Please if your agaist the 2nd ammendment dont respond.

Old 03-26-2013 | 04:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

i have my CCW permit - and i have carried on my bike before - but it wasnt for the ride, it was when i was commuting to my work or other places... but i was just commuting

i don't think carrying while you ride (when the sole purpose of the ride is the ride) is advisable... especially on sportbikes or any kind of fast riding. i mean, anywhere you have it - you wouldn't be able to get to it quick enough if something DID happen that required you to draw. think about it. you'd fumble around to unzip your jacket with your gloves on... and even then, could you really handle your weapon as well with your gloves on as you could with them off? would you have time to take them off? is it in the pillon?

and second, we're more likely to get pulled over on a sportbike. while a cop will know you have a CCW permit the second he runs your license plate, the whole situation will go smoother if you do not have a weapon on you.

speaking of which, as soon as you pull over (if you have a ccw), immediately turn your bike off and hold your hands and arms out like a cross... don't go for your wallet until the officer is right next to you and asks you to. also, make sure as hell you tell him that you ARE going for your wallet when you reach to your side pocket

but as with anything, it's a risk vs reward vs chances of it happening type deal. i feel like something is much more likely to happen on the road (so there's no point to carrying) or i'll get pulled over (so i don't want my weapon on me)- before the little diner i stop at for lunch gets held up....

Last edited by Conrice; 03-26-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2013 | 11:20 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Well, since the subject says that this is a question for everyone I will respond.

I don't have such a paranoia about my life that I feel I have to carry a gun everywhere I go. No, I do not carry one while I'm riding or at any other time, for that matter.

Old 03-26-2013 | 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
speaking of which, as soon as you pull over (if you have a ccw), immediately turn your bike off and hold your hands and arms out like a cross
Your not a criminal, why act like one? Instead, try just sitting there with your hands on the tank or something else normal. It won't get you shot and you don't look like a fool.

I've always carried since I've ridden, but its in my backpack. Im not falling with a loaded gun straped to my person.

Old 03-26-2013 | 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Well, since the subject says that this is a question for everyone I will respond.

I don't have such a paranoia about my life that I feel I have to carry a gun everywhere I go. No, I do not carry one while I'm riding or at any other time, for that matter.
Do you carry emergeny water? Money? Clothes? A cell phone in case your vehicle breaks down? Being prepared for any emergency is not paranoia, its smart. Boyscouts should have taught you that.

Old 03-26-2013 | 11:32 PM

I plan on carry most if the time but some times I won't just depends on the ride that I'm planing if its a ***** to the wall ride no I won't but if I'm rideing at safer speeds oh say like the speed limt then ya I will carry

Old 03-26-2013 | 11:36 PM

Conrice question , how will legally carrying an getting pulled over cause that big of a deal? If your legal it shouldn't be that big if a deal. Legal is legal there for they can't say anything about the wepon or am I missing something in the laws?

Old 03-26-2013 | 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Your not a criminal, why act like one? Instead, try just sitting there with your hands on the tank or something else normal. It won't get you shot and you don't look like a fool.

I've always carried since I've ridden, but its in my backpack. Im not falling with a loaded gun straped to my person.
Remem this?

A traffic stop is a very twitchy situation for everyone. Anything you can do to put the officer at ease, especially if you are carrying, only helps protect you.

BEFORE it was legal to carry concealed in Texas, a cop let me go when I was carrying my loaded .380 while driving. I held my hands out the window while he approached, requested he allow me out of the vehicle and told him my gun was sitting on top of my registration / insurance papers in the glove compartment. Had it rigged so when you opened the compartment, it would slide out of the holster and into your hand. He thought that was neat

Old 03-27-2013 | 12:34 AM

Kuro thanks for the video , it's all ways good to see what could happen if it goes wrong

Old 03-27-2013 | 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

I love Australia Even though we did hit an emu a glancing blow in a hills town this morning when we were driving a Ford.

I would never ride armed - ever. Even if we had a choice and we do not.

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: question for everyone!