Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

question for everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013 | 03:48 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

It's a whole different world up there above the equator isn't it Seb?

Old 03-27-2013 | 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
It's a whole different world up there above the equator isn't it Seb?
Yes it is! It gives me great anxiety when the man in my head tells me to clean the guns..................and I don't have any!!!

Cheers, SB

Old 03-27-2013 | 08:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Your not a criminal, why act like one? Instead, try just sitting there with your hands on the tank or something else normal. It won't get you shot and you don't look like a fool.
ahh kuro beat me to it.

but that's EXACTLY why you hold your arms out.

when a cop pulls you over, he doesn't look at you as anything other than a criminal. thats how they're trained. and it makes sense, its what keeps their *** safe

and while that video is a good demonstration, i have a personal story to back it up. if you like having a gun drawn on you by a cop on what should be a normal traffic stop, please by all means, dont do anything with your arms. but when cops mistakenly identify your smoking joes F3 for a yellow triumph daytona that was stolen a week earlier, he sure as hell won't give a **** about your CCW or the fact that your probably not a criminal.

so by your statement - you're entirely wrong. it can get you shot, and it has gotten people shot

Last edited by Conrice; 03-27-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2013 | 08:35 AM

never leave home without it

Old 03-27-2013 | 10:04 AM

There is always a choice. A good one or bad one. In all reality it doesn't matter where the gun is. Backpack will get searched. Tank bag will get searched. You.. Will get searched. If you're committing a crime, you'll be searched regardless. If it's a regular stop, sure, a gun will put the officer on alert if it's visible. BUT.. I cannot stress enough that our constitution and liberties are already being walked over. To carry or not IS your choice. I personally took martial arts all my life and am more dangerous close quarters than a gun. Does that mean I should be limbless? No. So I carry.

Old 03-27-2013 | 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
ahh kuro beat me to it.

but that's EXACTLY why you hold your arms out.

when a cop pulls you over, he doesn't look at you as anything other than a criminal. thats how they're trained. and it makes sense, its what keeps their *** safe

and while that video is a good demonstration, i have a personal story to back it up. if you like having a gun drawn on you by a cop on what should be a normal traffic stop, please by all means, dont do anything with your arms. but when cops mistakenly identify your smoking joes F3 for a yellow triumph daytona that was stolen a week earlier, he sure as hell won't give a **** about your CCW or the fact that your probably not a criminal.

so by your statement - you're entirely wrong. it can get you shot, and it has gotten people shot
How does carry concealed get people shot? By not carrying concealed. If your trying to conceal and the cop somehow knows you are armed then you are failing at your responsibility's as a gun owner. The video is something completely different. If your running from the cops then yes, you need to take extra steps when you finally pull over or are stopped by force. When adrenaline is high, cops make mistakes like they did in the video. He should have put both arms strait up in the air, as ordered by the cops. When lights and sirens are flashing and multible units are coming at you, the situation is amplified from a normal traffic stop.
My cousin is a cop, two of my friends are cops. I've been pulled over with my pistol on me over 15 times in the last 4yrs on my bike [including a criminal speedig]. The only time I've even had a gun pulled on me was by a rookie before he had any idea I had a weapon. If you put your arms out, are nervous and super asky about doing anything even normal then the cops are going to be more nervous themselfs as they'll be thinking you have something to hide/be nervous about.

Old 03-27-2013 | 04:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
How does carry concealed get people shot? By not carrying concealed. If your trying to conceal and the cop somehow knows you are armed then you are failing at your responsibility's as a gun owner. The video is something completely different. If your running from the cops then yes, you need to take extra steps when you finally pull over or are stopped by force. When adrenaline is high, cops make mistakes like they did in the video. He should have put both arms strait up in the air, as ordered by the cops. When lights and sirens are flashing and multible units are coming at you, the situation is amplified from a normal traffic stop.
My cousin is a cop, two of my friends are cops. I've been pulled over with my pistol on me over 15 times in the last 4yrs on my bike [including a criminal speedig]. The only time I've even had a gun pulled on me was by a rookie before he had any idea I had a weapon. If you put your arms out, are nervous and super asky about doing anything even normal then the cops are going to be more nervous themselfs as they'll be thinking you have something to hide/be nervous about.
this is very simple.
1) cop runs your plates AS you're being pulled over
2) you come back as a CCW permit holder
3) he assumes you have a gun on you - whether you do or don't, no matter how well it's concealed

if you have your arms out and they're in clear view - you CANNOT be reaching for a weapon. if you have your hands on the tank twiddling your thumbs - guess what - the cop can't see them - and he can assume what he wants

which is better for him? and thus better for you. giving the officer complete control of the situation (by keeping your arms out to the side) makes him more calm - not more nervous.

with your arms clear out, you don't look shaky or whatever you were trying to type. you look like you want to be clear and direct about your intentions - which would be "hey, i'm not going to be reaching for anything".

i've been pulled over - and i've had my arms out. each time (3 times) - i was thanked by the LEO. and check this out - no ticket (even though they were all over a 20mph infraction). i think i'll be sticking to the way i do things. and i don't care if you stick to yours.

but to say that something is less likely to happen by keeping your hands on the tank which would be hidden from view from the officer is just...stupid. i'm not saying something bad WILL happen if you did that - i never did. but it's less likely to happen with your arms out to the side. there's NO debate about that.

Old 03-27-2013 | 08:59 PM

If your weapon is not readily accessible and ready to fire ( round chambered), then you might as well be carrying a rock.

Old 03-27-2013 | 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
this is very simple.
1) cop runs your plates AS you're being pulled over
2) you come back as a CCW permit holder
3) he assumes you have a gun on you - whether you do or don't, no matter how well it's concealed
.I've never heard of a state that shows who has a ccw when cops run your plate. The thought of a ccw being linked to a liscence plate on a vehicle is so far beyond absurd and illogical I never would factor that into my thinking. Here in az, there is no gun registry. There is no database of ccw holders that cops can pull just by your liscence plate or drivers liscence. They only know you have a weapon if you tell them. And 95% are very easy going with them. My typical stop goes like this: cop walks up, ask for DL. I say sure, but its in my backpack where my pistol is as well. They ask where each is. Wallet in front, gun in different compartment. They tell me not to open the compartment with the gun when I pull out my wallet. Thats it. Hell when its in the backpack your "transporting" it not carrying it so you don't even need a ccw. I guess if you live somewhere that treats you like that then you do indeed need to look silly when pulled over. I completely agree silly is better then dead.

Old 03-27-2013 | 11:02 PM

Depends on the state, bored. Some states apparently have linked ccw with plates. Some haven't.

Quick Reply: question for everyone!