600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the older 600 models.

CBR Tail question and paint scheme question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR Tail question and paint scheme question

#1.) I want to do a CBR 600RR and heard if I do not bend the subframe the 05-06 is the best. If I want to bend the subframe how would I go about doing it? I have a guy who will help me he just needs to know the specific place where to bend and at what angle. I heard it is 30degree higher but want to double check. I know to put "V" cuts in it and then re-weld afterward.

#2.) I want to get some 3 stage house of kolor paint. I have never worked with this stuff before and am wondering if any of you have and if it is more difficult to spray than normal.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by bammerman
#1.) I want to do a CBR 600RR and heard if I do not bend the subframe the 05-06 is the best. If I want to bend the subframe how would I go about doing it? I have a guy who will help me he just needs to know the specific place where to bend and at what angle. I heard it is 30degree higher but want to double check. I know to put "V" cuts in it and then re-weld afterward.
trust me you want to bend the subframe up.if you dont it will stick out the back under the tail. looks way stupid.
Name:  IMG_02062.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  59.7 KB
the frame needs to match up with the lines i drew in there. it should match up with the angled subframe that comes up from the bottom as indicated with my sweet paint skills. the circle is about where it should get notched and bent up. just the last little bit is all that has to get bent up

Last edited by willduce; 05-11-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 PM

thank you and to your sweet paint skills.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:28 PM

make sure to take step by step photo's and post them!! Great stuff

Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

house of kolor is an excellent paint system just be sure and get there tech manual. its not any harder to spray than anyone elses paint system it is actually extremly friendly to spray and i guarantee you will be happy with the finished result. check out my pics in the f2 pics thread. https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-media-95/my-93-almost-done-107404/

Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM

After it is bend can it still support a passenger? I have called a few fab shops and bike shops in town and they refuse to cut and weld into the frame due to structural changes. I just don't want to have my gf on the back and have the frame break,bend, etc... where she could get hurt.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:10 PM

its getting re-welded and the only part that mounts to it is the taillight if i remember correctly. rear seat brackets get mounted elsewhere. shouldnt ride with passengers anyways, takes all the fun out of riding a sportbike

Old 05-14-2010, 12:39 AM

I said that to my GF then she said well buy me one. I will just give her rides

Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 PM

i get too nervous about killing someone else to have fun when i ride. im totally fine if i get run over or flip bike or something stupid happens, but with someone on the back i just wig out everywhere, and ride way too defensivley to enjoy it. girlfriend got hurt back in day when we were out riding snowmobiles, it scarred me for life i guess

Old 05-14-2010, 05:31 PM

Ya that would mess me up too a bit. I was going to give this bike to her but after playing around with it, busting up knuckles, etc... I don't think I can and the ZZR is way more power than this one. Maybe I will get her a kawi 550 or something around that for her to learn on.

Quick Reply: CBR Tail question and paint scheme question