Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Punks messing with your parked bike...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Punks messing with your parked bike...

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

i wonder if it would be illegal to electrify your seat so when someone sits on it without your permission they get electrocuted . i mean i would put up a sign saying that warning this bike protected by electruction touch @ your own risk. that way you CYA because yo warned them and they still did it anyways. i mean common who is really going to think a bike is electrified ! lol it would be funnier than **** to see punk *** people who dont listen get zapped . but thats just me
HaHa...dude I have a funny story. A russian engineer at work was telling me about when he was a cab driver. He hooked up his ignition to the back seat to a special button, he only used it once. Some guy pulled a knife and tried to jack him, so he hit his button. He assured me it worked...LMAO!

Old 04-01-2007, 06:56 PM

Just bought the biggest chain they sell at home depot and a $15 lock, just installed on my front rotors.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

i wonder if it would be illegal to electrify your seat so when someone sits on it without your permission they get electrocuted . i mean i would put up a sign saying that warning this bike protected by electruction touch @ your own risk. that way you CYA because yo warned them and they still did it anyways. i mean common who is really going to think a bike is electrified ! lol it would be funnier than **** to see punk *** people who dont listen get zapped . but thats just me
Copper theft is real big around here. High prices at the yard for scrap copper brings a good penny. Anyhow, contractors are having a hard time cause punks come by the job site at night and steal spools of copper wire, pipe ect. Anyhow, contractor loosing major $$$$$ from theft, so he hard wired some prime copper pipe, and complete with a warning sign to would be thieves, warned them. Didn't work, jerks "tried" to steal the pipe anyways and got the livin **** sparked out of them. They quickly lawyered up on some frivilous BS and won. If I remember right, the contractor lost his *** in a civil suit for gross neglect or wrongfull endagerment. We live in such a litigous(sp?) society, its retarded. You me and 90% of the other normal folks would praise the contractor, but we are overrun with
Free-Furs (free for nothins) who want an easy payday, lack of personal responsibility, bunch of narcisistic jerks. So...in short, I'd love to wire a bike with 220V, but better sense would tell me not to.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM

Yeah, it is illegal to use electricity as a theft deterent, which I think is rediculous, but I asked a police officer about it, because I thought about electrifying my car door handles after my car got broke into. He said that I would get sued if anyone got electrocuted from it. I was just thinking to myself, well, if they didn't try and break into my car they wouldn't get shocked, so I shouldn't be liable. Alas, a lot of laws seem to protect criminals more than law abiding citizens. Just my 2 cents tho.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:35 PM

When people I don't know sit on my bike, I get really pissed off. It usually just happens when I park it at the mall or a restruant or whatever, and as I'm walking out I notice people on and yell at them to get off. But it hasn't been a big problem since I dumped it and now have a big white left front fairing on my black and red bike. But yeah, at my apartment, my bike is kept in a locked garage that I can see from my window. But yeah a lot of people just don't understand how much a bike really means to a rider, honestly, would anyone in the right mind hop into a Ferrari or any nice convertible with its top down, when it wasn't one of ours? NO, it is the same principle for a bike, please respect other people's property.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:04 AM

i just got a storage unit. i also live in an apt, but i had a 97 f3 last year. left it parked outside, always covered, and locked up with a chain. no one ever messed with it that i know of. now i have a 1krr. not leaving that outside, lol. i pay 103 a month for a security gated/tv monitored 10'x15' storage unit. and its 1.5 miles away from my apartment. my own personal garage. but the winter, she comes inside with me. its when i do my mods and maitinence.