Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Productive Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Productive Weekend

i was busy all weekend so far.

Friday evening/night: changed all brake pads on the bike, flushed, filled and bled both front and rear systems. when i was done with that i cleaned up my mess from the bike, then did a much needed clean out of the garage.

Saturday: had a carb cleaning party. buddy came over to offer moral support (guess thats why he was there, he didnt do a damn thing but drink my beer......lol) HOLY CRAP! those things were filthy. its the first time ive dug into them that deep and it looks like they havent been cleaned like that in years. finished cleaning carbs and lubed/adjusted both throttle cables, the choke and clutch cables. cleaned and adjusted the chain. changed the oil and filter. all of which essentially destroyed the clean out of the garage i performed yesterday.... o well.

Sunday: Went for a ride in the morning, went to meet a guy in my class that i also worked with for awhile bought that himself a new pistol. so he gave it to me to do a pre-shooting tune up. did a deep soak in a homemade cleaning solution. rinsed it off and moly-coated the barrel. polished the feed ramp, barrel bushing and frame rails. then moly-coated the rails. oiled the other parts that needed it. now jsut waiting on the adjustment screw so i can zero the laser grips, should get that coming on tuesday.

Monday: Presidents day = No work = my **** is staying on the couch not doin a damn thing. hope my wife doesnt get to used to me being that motivated to get shyt done.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMN.

Lets see friday i took my carbs off before work and started cleaning them. Found out my thorttle cable was busted so i ordered a new one. Went to work from 6pm to 6am.

Sat woke up at 430pm and went to work 6-6

Sunday woke up at 450pm and went to work.

Now when i get off in three hours im goin to JB weld my thottle cable and HOPEFULLY when i wake up its good to go cause DAMN do i need a ride. lol

I do get monday off so thats a big score in my book. haha

Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Good to see everyone else kept busy this weekend as well.

Friday night i started in on finishing the project 954. Got my gears in the afternoon and started re-assembly (had to replace a bad 2nd gear, bike was bought as a project in rough shape).

Saturday finished assembly of project bike, and took it for its first ride. Everything was great and rode like a dream. Cleaned up a bit and relaxed Sat nite. Note: The new plastics havent arrived yet so had to ride it with just a nose and tail, but they should be here soon

Sunday brought down the other bikes, my 954 got new grips, integrated tail light and license plate relocation (i dont like it, but have had issues with the police lately), cleaned and lubed chain, and oil change. The 600 got an oil change, cleaned and lubed. Taking them on a trip later this week so they are all ready to go now. So it was a heck of a busy weekend for me as well. Today going to vegetate a bit myself before class tonite.

Last edited by TK954RR; 02-15-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no new tag yet TK??? lol, they all looking good, just get a nice tag frame

Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

No i have been putting it off, i have perfectly good plates till april of this year so ive been using it heh. I will go soon though even though i have to pay taxes and all that stupid stuff. Oh well.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

I"m feeling quite out of breath just reading this. Um what did I do this weekend?
Worked Saturday. Woke up Sunday wanting to work on the bike but it was snowing outside. (No garage to work in at the moment)
Eventually got frustrated and said bollocks to it. Took the rocker cover of and rechecked the valve clearances, got em spot on, cleaned out the breather, hoses, found out I had a broken water pipe connection that was holding on my the skin of its teeth, ordered a new one, fitted it back together with hope and a prayer that it won't let go before the new one comes, fitted heated grips, adjusted the chain and lubed everything.
Phew, and that was just for starters, or was it finishers? Today, I sort of worked, then had a spanking stonk of a ride hope.
TK, your bikes are looking truly delicious. Congratulations!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, this thread is making me feel like a slacker....

I worked half days saturday and sunday.
Saturday night I hung out with an old friend and drank way too much beer. lol...

But congrats to all of you who put time in on your rides. Don't worry, my days are coming. My parts pile is stackin' up and the list is growing...

Old 02-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
drank way too much beer. lol...
well Dylan, we can get alot done....those beers werent going to drink themselves...lol