Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Police stories?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police stories?

im bored/sick at home, need some entertainment...

im sure some of you had to bs your way out of a ticket, lets hear some stories

Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only time I have been pulled over (Knock on wood) was for having a headlight out on my F4i.
I spent 15 mins trying to explain to the cop that my left light was my low beam and right was my hi beam and he was saying "No, you customized it to do that".
So all said and done he told me to drive with my hi beams on so I wouldn't get a ticket for having a headlight out.

Not a very interesting story but it is hopefully the only story I will have with the police and my bike.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM

haha that officer is an idiot for not knowing thats how bikes are... i wonder how many people he pulled over telling them that

Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by jeffjones
I spent 15 mins trying to explain to the cop that my left light was my low beam and right was my hi beam and he was saying "No, you customized it to do that".
So all said and done he told me to drive with my hi beams on so I wouldn't get a ticket for having a headlight out.
haha seriously? cops....

In my 6 years of driving ive never been pulled over....well except for twice in 20 minutes but they dont count. My friend made me drive his car back from atlantic city and we were on the parkway and we werent wearing seatbelts. i drive past a statie and see him pull out soo i put my seatbelt on and told my friend i think were gonna get pulled over....i go through the toll and sure enough he lights me up and says he pulled me over for having a cracked windshield, no front plate, and my friend wasnt wearing a seatbelt cuz hes stupid and decided to leave it off even after i told him to put it on. I told him it wasnt my car soooo the cop gave my friend a seatbelt ticket and i got nothing

Then about 20 minutes later were 2 blocks from his house and a cop in the lane next to us swerves behind me and lights me up again and he gets out and looked at me and said "what the ****s wrong with your car?" i told him the story and said we just got the same crap from a trooper 20 min ago and he just shook his head and got in his car and drove off. Not the most exciting stories buuuuut if we start telling the good ones this thread will get locked in no time.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123
Not the most exciting stories buuuuut if we start telling the good ones this thread will get locked in no time.
haha really they do that? ye my uncle was once driving to new york from toronto and he was speeding drives past a cop car going the opposite direction.. sees the car turn around he tries to outrun it and got off at the next exit... he later on got pulled over by the same cop. cop came out and told him " you werent wearing a seat belt"

Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

got pulled over for drunk driving;

i don't drink.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by regener8ed
got pulled over for drunk driving;

i don't drink.
haha how did that turn out

Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
October 2011 ROTM

I got a ticket for doing 6mph over the speed limit. It was like midnight on a Friday night I was riding home from my brothers. I was in the right lane and a minivan was in the left. I saw a cop pass going the other way though nothing of it until I looked in my mirror and he was making a u turn with his lights. Thought for sure he wasn't coming after me. Sure enough gets in behind me so I pull over thinking this is nothing probably saw I had 1 headlight which is legal since it was my F4i, probably wanted to see if I was drinking which I wasn't so thought I would play it cool and he would let me go. Sure enough he wrote me a ticket for going 6 over and said I give bikers a bad name, WTF! Now I am not bashing cops because we need them to keep our streets safe but some take it over the edge.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 PM

haha yeah they really do that if you start talking about your illegal police stories or running from the cops. Ive got a bunch of those but im not allowed to tell them....

And actually i forgot about the third time which regen reminded me of but in my head it doesnt count either. Kind of the opposite of his story....Me and my two friends go to this club about an hour north of us on wednesdays sometimes. The one kid works there so hes a free ride so thats why we go. So well pregame a little and drink in the backseat on the way up...ahh to be young and dumb. So one night we get there and i go to give the bouncer my id and its not in my wallet, at which point i realized i left it in my friends kitchen It was already midnight so if i went home and back theyd be closing and itd be pointless so i just went and sat in my friends car while they went in the club to have a good time. Finally i got bored and pulled out and was driving around aimlessly wasting my friends gas and i got lost since im not familiar with the area. I turn around in a gas station and pull up to a red light and put my left blinker on. Finally it turns green and i see red and blue lights in my back window and im like damn it whatd i do? Mind you at this point im no where near being drunk but ive had a few drinks so im thinking he might smell it and breathalyze me and im not sure if im over the limit or not so im starting to get nervous. Turns out i just couldnt make a left at that light and didnt see the sign. The cop asks me for my id and i tell him the story but i said i was trying to find the parkway so i can run home and get it real quick and make it back and i got lost and asked him for directions. He just asked me for my name and gave me directions and left. Never checked out the info i gave him or ran anything. Not like i was lying or had any warrants or anything but i couldve been a serial killer for all he knows and just didnt want him to give him my id. After that I drove back to the club and snuck around the bouncers and made it inside anyway for like a half hour.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM

haha nicks a tank, and for dub how would a cop know youre going 6mph coming from the opposite direction =S theyre probably just on the look out for bikes

Quick Reply: Police stories?