Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Patriotic stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mightymouse657
that is exactly why people should be required to take a test before they can vote. and people complain about all the morons we have in government. i just hope now that we got the "historic" first black president out of the way that we can elect someone that knows whats going on in 2012.

Now im not racist but im afraid that because we have a black president more blacks will step up to take the plate. Even though they may not have the knowledge or experience needed to become president all they have to do is promise minorities (who seem to almost out number everyone else) some stupid crap. I think to become president you need to have some military experience. I think it would help.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont mind a minority as a president as long as they are qualified. thats my problem with obama, people were too worried about getting him in office because he was black to look at his qualifications and now everybody has to deal with his mess.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Colin Powell was the guy, but he wasn't willing to put up with the B.S. That was a shame.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93

Now im not racist but im afraid that because we have a black president more blacks will step up to take the plate. Even though they may not have the knowledge or experience needed to become president all they have to do is promise minorities (who seem to almost out number everyone else) some stupid crap. I think to become president you need to have some military experience. I think it would help.
There are plenty of smart, qualified black/mexican/asian/whatever people out there that would do as well as or much better than some of our recent presidents.

The problem is twofold.

For one, these people are probably out making boatloads of money in the private sector and have no interest in the load of crap that is washington/national politics.

On top of that, the general electorate is basically retarded; with elections more closely representing popularity contests than a presidential race. Now I love freedom and the right to vote, but we have a lot of stupid people out there that will vote on nothing more than the color of a man's skin, the width of his smile, or the party to which he belongs. It happens on both sides of the aisle and, imo, it ****s the the system.

Edit: I agree House, Colin Powell would do a hell of a job. I think he's kind of screwed because, even if he wanted to run, he'd have the stigma of being part of the Bush administration for a while and probably wouldn't be electable...

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM

10-4... Colin Powell had the goods and wood have been a great president,BUT, he wanted able bodied workers to get up and get a job and not be a burden on society, so the lazy majority of minorities would not have backed him...sad