Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Patriotic stuff

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Patriotic stuff

Before you read any further please realize that I’m an American and proud of it and also that this is just my opinion so please no haters. Do leave your 2 cents though : )

This is a disgrace to every military member I think. http://cbs13.com/local/anti.war.protest.2.1338789.html

Being in the military I would hate for me to go overseas and die, but it is something I have thought off very carefully and will accept if that day comes. I can’t imagine the embarrassment that would follow if my mother were to begin protesting the military. I understand that her son died and I’m sorry. He made the same choice that thousands of men and women have made in not only this war but all wars. We do it for the love of this country and family. I do know she has the right to protest but it is the military that protects your rights isn’t it?
“Videotape of the incident shows that Sheehan yelled "Get out of my face" through the megaphone at the man, who slapped the device away. Other protesters immediately joined Sheehan and traded insults with the man, and a shoving match broke out.”

How do they sleep at night? This guy most likely lost many friends in his time and had to just keep going. Does she have no feelings at all for him and his losses? But everyone else is supposed to have feelings for her loss? She doesn’t have enough feelings to consider maybe we are dumb and should shut up and support the military? But instead they sit and argue with a vet and put a megaphone to his face and yell in it? WTF?

"He should be so happy and grateful that there are people in this country that are trying to protect him and his children and everybody's children from war," Joy said.

WTF? SERIOUSLY?!? I bet when he went to war he was thinking he has to do the best job he can to help end it so he kids and grandkids won’t have to fight it. And the only people really protecting everyone are military, police, medics, firefighters and any other good guy out there(sorry criminals). If she is thinking a bunch of people getting together to go yell at someone else is considered protecting people someone PLEASE smack her with a dictionary. Dictionary.com says it mean to defend or guard from attack, invasion, loss, annoyance, insult, etc.; cover or shield from injury or danger. To me it sounds like she was annoying and insulting! What sort of protection is that? I hate driving past people with a anti-military mind set and feel the need to share it with everyone! Nothing like putting your life on the line for someone unwilling to support you!

Well I guess my little rant is over. Thanks for reading.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I got assaulted by this old man and I'm the one given a ticket. So, yeah, it's bulls***," Sheehan said.
At least some good came of it, lol. Stupid old hag.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol poor protesters, no life

Old 11-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good post, steve.

I wish that someone would have been on the scene to intelligently argue with these women instead of letting emotion get in the way. (and I know it's not easy to do when someone is yelling absurd chit at you with a megaphone...lol)

However, I don't know as arguing really would have accomplished anything. It seems to me that what these women really need is some good grief counseling.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 PM

I too am in the military and i have several opinions about the studip hag Cindy Sheehan. First off she doesnt care about the military, she just wants to be on tv. i understand that she lost her son, but instead of honoring him, she is dragging him through the mud with herself. secondly she was protesting drones? that doesnt make any sense because drones are what is keeping alot of soldiers out of harms way. what a moron.

i joined the military not for recognition, but to protect this country and hopefully so that when i have kids they wont have to live in a time of war. maybe we should send her over there so she can protest the al quaida with a bull horn. i wont miss her.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:08 PM

There is too much raw emotion in this situation. Grieving mothers and post traumatic stressed individuals together is a really bad mix as well... a recipe for disaster really.
We support the troops.
We need to support the grieving families as well. They are the forgotten victims, and their loss is undeniable. They proudly supported their sons and daughters as vehemently as possible. Their families have made the ultimate sacrifice and whether the message is one that you want to hear or not one of the liberties the soldiers were protecting was the freedom of speech. God bless.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:43 PM

Nobody seems to get that EVERYONE is anti-war. But sometimes there is no real choice.

I can be anti-rain too, but sometimes I have to go out in it. It will come and get you.

Everyone is anti-murder too, but you are exonerated if you were forced to take a life in self defense.

"Anti-War" types often presume that if you are in the military or support the military that you desire war and killing.

The alternative is unilateral disarmament. Come and get us. We won't resist. REALLY? Is that the plan? Have you thought that through at all? Disband all police forces? Is that next?

She is a patsy. People build their lives, and the organizers often make a living, by arranging these "movements" or demonstrations. All you have to do is start an organization, ask for donations, and take a salary for running it.

Sure, she is mad and hurt, but the grief pimps have grabbed her and are using her for their own benefit. It makes me want to puke.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Touchy subject. I support the troops. And I think we're in the wrong place, fighting for the wrong thing.

Our troops are doing their duty, fulfilling an obligation they volunteered for. That deserve nothing but respect from me and any US citizen (obviously anyone on the receiving end of the US military might feel differently).

But I cannot say we should be fighting this war. Everything about Iraq and Afghanistan is so loosely defined. Even the reasons for fighting. How can you know if / when you won if nobody can define the objective? How do you enter into a fight without having an exit strategy?

Sheenan needs to be protesting in Washington, on the steps of Congress and not at the bases. The troops didn't choose to fight. They cannot stop the fight. They can only do their duty. Which they're doing admirably

Old 11-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Cool

Interesting but very emotive subject, I joined the defence forces in 1967 with the sole purpose of going to Vietnam (missed out by 6 months), as a result was abused by ex school friends, spat on when in uniform in Melbourne (beat the **** out of the spitters) and why ???? because I was proud of what I was whether it was right or wrong. And no you can't convince some people you are doing this because you want to.
Most of the ppl who did protest were also misinformed about what was happening due to the rants and bias of the press and lefties.
Yeah and I also lost a couple of mates as well who did what they did by their choice. I am proud of them.
I managed to get in a couple of tours to the land of sand and guys in dresses and was and still proud of my role (however minor)
I did 20.5 years in uniform !!!and have mates and memories for life.
PRIDE !!!
More than my 2C worth but thanks.
Cheers
T

Last edited by z1105r; 11-30-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Patriotic stuff