Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where do you put all your stuff???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you put all your stuff???

I got an F3, and need to lug around a chain and lock, disc lock, cold weather gear, etc. Where do you guys stow all your stuff when you're riding? I got a cargo net, but it looks like ***, and I notice nobody else uses one.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use a backpack and I have a F3.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use any combination of saddlebags, a tank bag, and a backpack all depending on the length of the ride and what I need to bring.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:35 PM

Yeah I've got all that too, but I'm talking about just the stuff you always have to bring. I don't want to have to ride around with a tank bag everywhere.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:12 PM

Buy insurance and leave all the locks at home...

Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM

oh, and you buy a childs book bag for a couple bucks at wal mart and strap it to you rear seat.... keeps the weight off you and holds a lot of stuff. They are conveniently shaped just like the rear seat too....

Old 06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I use a backpack 90% of daily rides. The long trips I use the others to get the weight off of me. I'm with Rod, but if you insist on carrying that stuff with you everywhere its worth using a tail bag, tank bag, or set of saddlebags. I don't know what you don't like about a tank bag.. very easy to use a magnetic one that comes on and off without straps. I don't know what kind of other options you're looking for that are more convenient than any of those. These bikes aren't exactly full of secret compartments...

Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Well, that's what I'm saying. I don't see any of the other sport bikes out there with packs, OR security gear, and I live in a high-theft area. Maybe I just answered my own question.

Its not that I don't like bags, I was just wondering where everyone who preaches multiple forms of securty is STOWING all this crap. I never see anyone with a bag.

On a related note, I found you can safely store a lot of your cloth gear inside the tail fairings. You can reach under and stuff it pretty far down, and the downward angle + bike vibration causes it to just pack further in there. Gone about 200 miles liek that, and haven't lost anythign yet. You can't do that with heavy stuff like locks, though.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rod38um
oh, and you buy a childs book bag for a couple bucks at wal mart and strap it to you rear seat.... keeps the weight off you and holds a lot of stuff. They are conveniently shaped just like the rear seat too....

My lawyer advised me not to put my Hello Kitty bookbag on theback of my bike anymore, due to the impending court case. He also said to stay away from children's stores in general.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
My lawyer advised me not to put my Hello Kitty bookbag on theback of my bike anymore, due to the impending court case. He also said to stay away from children's stores in general.
Thats ****ed up. lol.

Quick Reply: Where do you put all your stuff???