F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stuff NOT to buy

Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Default Stuff NOT to buy

Do NOT buy a Volar Motorsports stator cover becuase the bolts that hold the stator in do not line up.

Do Not buy ANYTHING from Ideal cycle I got there Undertail in and the plastic is good and well made but the electronics are so cheap they used a piece's of PVC pipe to hold the light in place and the LED they sent will not work hooked it up to multiple source at different OHM's and nothing.

To top it off i have e-mailed both companies and no responses. I have also called Ideal Cycle and the women on the phone offered no help but to spend another 20 dollars for new LED's plus Shipping

I would hate to see some one else get ripped off by these people.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:26 PM

Appreciate the heads up. Been looking around for parts, and now I know to avoid these guys haha.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM

Yeah... on D2moto, there are reviews for the Strator cover that say the bolt holes don't line up.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:45 PM

dont get a volar motorsport integrated tail either. i had one, and ended up breaking the bastard. total piece of garbage. crappy make up, flimsy as all hell.

and DONT EVER GO TO XTREME DISCOUNT CYCLE EITHER!! thats the guy i got the tail light off of, and i initially sent him a message asking for a wiring diagram to see which wires go to which, and he sent a message back, telling me that they dont have one, and if i cant figure out how to wire a simple integrated tail light, i should just keep my bike stock cause all ill do is chop it to bits and ruin my bike. i have the emails to back all of this **** too. he's just a total douche. no customer service, and he's rediculously rude. i did nothing to warrant it, and he just snapped and started insulting my intelligence right off the bat. refused to give me a refund, despite the fact that he has his return policy posted on his webpage, and i was within the 30 return period. he was just a douche. ill never deal with him again, and i dont want anyone else getting screwed by him also.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:08 AM

I got my Volar 954RR integrated taillight off D2moto ($17.99 + S&H w/40% off code)... very sturdy; I wired it up and has been working great. ::knocks on wood::

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuff NOT to buy

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.