Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

parking your bike...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe i have heard of people even taking their bikes up in elevators to put them inside for over the winter. I would do it like that if i had to. I have a alarm so day to day ill leave my bike outside. I have seen many pictures of motorcycles inside motel rooms on long journeys. I would definetly do that too.

I plan on taking a room of my apartment, like a spare bedroom and use that for a work area. Either take apart the CBR or the Ninja 250 and bring it up in pieces to work on it over the winter.

If my bike looks really bad at the end of the year i might take apart the F4i and bring it up in pieces and clean everything off the bike and put it back together around febuary...

Old 04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by rjporter
yeah i have a back door to my apartment and that is kind of what gave me the idea.

did your landlord say anything about it? im trying to decide if i should let them know or just park it in there anyways and see if they say anything.
I never asked and they never said anything it's easier to say "oops my bad" then ask.

Originally Posted by chuckbear
I keep mine in my apartment. I used to park it in front of my sliding glass doors until the management told me it was a fire hazard. Are you kidding me? So I said screw em and wheeled it in and closed the blinds. I keep it in all the time now except when I need to do some work on it.
I was told by many friends they would say that but I left the blinds open all the time and no one ever said anything. But really if you put it in from the back gate like you said it wouldnt ever become a problem

Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

I am going to bring my bike in for sure when i get my own place.
Not only for the safety factor but because it just feels against the rules somehow.
I am a high believer in the rebel factor.

Originally Posted by rjporter

did your landlord say anything about it? im trying to decide if i should let them know or just park it in there anyways and see if they say anything.
I would say dont ask dont tell.

I have gotten in trouble way too many times when i thought i would say something just to see what the answer would be when i could have gotten away with it if i had just kept my mouth shut.

Last edited by Endless; 04-22-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:30 PM

Kept my 600 in the living room all winter. Got two cheap doormats from Wal-Mart (like $2 each) and put them under the stands. I used front and rear stands since I was working on it, but the mats would be fine just under the wheels. Even used the "hallway" plastic runners ($6 or so) from the door to the living room.

When I travel on the bike, I always bring it in the motel room.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my sig pic is taken with my web cam in the living room i can reach out and touch my bike right now