Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

parking your bike...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking your bike...

has anyone ever parked their bike in their apartment?

right now i keep it at my parent's place, but it is a pain when i want to go for a ride and i have to drive to their place first.

i probably wouldnt keep it in there all the time. mostly when it is raining or when the weather is crappy.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I kept my bike in my apartment for 2 years in college till I got a garage.

sliding glass doors ftw.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 PM

I am in this same conundrum, I live at an apartment complex that is kind of ghetto. I am pondering getting the cyclone 866 alarm for it. Right now, I keep it at my brothers and it is a pinta to go there and get it. My dads hosue is closer, but still a pain to get it, ride it, store it.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless

sliding glass doors ftw.
that would be nice if i was on the first floor

Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless

sliding glass doors ftw.
yeah i have a back door to my apartment and that is kind of what gave me the idea.

did your landlord say anything about it? im trying to decide if i should let them know or just park it in there anyways and see if they say anything.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bthomp21
I am in this same conundrum, I live at an apartment complex that is kind of ghetto. I am pondering getting the cyclone 866 alarm for it. Right now, I keep it at my brothers and it is a pinta to go there and get it. My dads hosue is closer, but still a pain to get it, ride it, store it.
im not really worried about they bike being stolen. theft isnt that high where i live. i just want to keep it out of the elements when im not riding it.

the whole parking lot is on a hill too, so i always feel like my bike is gonna fall over when i park it.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:50 PM

I parked mine inside over the winter. I set up a fan in front of it so once in a while I could sit on it and feel a breeze in my face... Just remember to park it on plywood or carpet so the tires don't stain the floor and the sidestand doesn't mark the floor.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
I parked mine inside over the winter. I set up a fan in front of it so once in a while I could sit on it and feel a breeze in my face
hahaha that is hilarious.

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Just remember to park it on plywood or carpet so the tires don't stain the floor and the sidestand doesn't mark the floor.
if i bring it in i was going to get some heavy duty cardboard to set it on. my apartment is all carpet and though my bike doesnt leak any fluids i figured i would park it on something just in case.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep mine in my apartment. I used to park it in front of my sliding glass doors until the management told me it was a fire hazard. Are you kidding me? So I said screw em and wheeled it in and closed the blinds. I keep it in all the time now except when I need to do some work on it.

My apartment complex isn't all that ghetto but I still get some peace of mind and my bike is a little less weathered as well. I just use some old beach towels to roll it in on as my bike doesn't leak any fluids. Might want to lay down a more rigid surface, especially under the sidestand, if you don't ride all the time. My bike is my daily driver so I don't have to worry about that.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
I keep mine in my apartment. I used to park it in front of my sliding glass doors until the management told me it was a fire hazard. Are you kidding me? So I said screw em and wheeled it in and closed the blinds. I keep it in all the time now except when I need to do some work on it.

My apartment complex isn't all that ghetto but I still get some peace of mind and my bike is a little less weathered as well. I just use some old beach towels to roll it in on as my bike doesn't leak any fluids. Might want to lay down a more rigid surface, especially under the sidestand, if you don't ride all the time. My bike is my daily driver so I don't have to worry about that.
yeah i figured they would say something about it being a fire hazard. but they always leave notices when they are doing anything in the units so i have plenty of time to get it out.

if i lived in florida im sure it would be my daily driver too, but maryland isnt always the warmest area. im looking forward to this weekend though, 80 degees monday-sunday!!

Quick Reply: parking your bike...