Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

(Rant) Parking my bike

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default (Rant) Parking my bike

ok i have access to a private gated driveway here. I'm in good with the landlord. In Philly in high traffic areas, that can be leased to people for up to $300 / month (catch Parking Wars on A&E to see how bad it can get). But I don't like taking advantage of the situation so when I'm not working on the bike, I park on the street.

I swear if I come outside and find some nit parked an inch off my front fender I'm gonna ride up onto his fecking BMW and do a burnout on his roof. I've heard ppl trigger the warning shock sensor trying to squeeze between my bike and another car. I've taken to parking fully instead of angled, 'borrowed' cones off my work truck and setup a perimeter the size of a car... Nada helps. My girlfriend was parked directly outside our apartment door and when she left for work, I pulled the bike out the driveway into her spot.

I didn't even close the door when I heard the double chirp of my alarm. Some jackass was trying to park a H3 in the space between my bike and the next car. A space the size of a fecking Mini Cooper.

Wonder if anyone sells perimeter triggered miniguns mountable on motorcycles?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Claymores would work better. Just make sure you pay attention to which side is "out". Honestly though, what can you do? I'd prolly discuss leaving it in the gated area at all times and maybe throwing the landlord a few bucks to ease the situation some.
Oooo... Hadn't considered claymores. Cheaper too (no electronics)

Nah, I already have unlimited access to the driveway to park my work truck when on call. Nobody complains about that since its once a month for a week. But parking is a real premium on my block during the day. And I've seen a couple sidelong glances when I pop the gate to park my bike

Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 PM

Would park on the sidewalk in front of my door but there's one of those metal basement access doors right there. Its already bowed in from people walking on it so I'm sure it won't like 400+ lbs of bike being parked on top of it.

I'd hate to make a 'noob drop' thread explaining how my bike ended up in the basement

Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I park mine on my patio and cover it every nite along with a disc brake locker