Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just a rant...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a rant...

So after 2 months of no riding i got back on the old honda horse. Knee is all healed up and bike all fixed back up, new gear on time to ride. I go for a 45 min ride by myself to a buddy house and holy crap i never almost been in so many accidents. i never been so nervous in my life of riding a bike ever.
I think i counted atleastnine times i could have crashed. Dump truck almost ran me off the road, trucks pulling out infront of me,cars riding my ***.
I mean come on, im riding speed limit minding my own bussiness and cars just speeding past me and slamming on there brakes.

After crashing and having a chain fall off at over a 100 mph i figured either i sell the bike and never ride again or ride with in my limits and be save. So i chose to be save but holy hell after today it almost makes me want to sell the bike and never ride again.
End rant.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Default RE: Just a rant...

It's perfectly natural for you to be a little gun shy, bike just fixed up, you just fixed up. Give it some time, you'll be lovin it again in no time.
Don't loose that new found alertness though.

Welcome back.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

its ok if the 900 is too much for ya i joke bro but im glad you did get back on. i know some people who wouldnt. just give it some time and you'll be good .

Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

its ok if the 900 is too much for ya i joke bro but im glad you did get back on. i know some people who wouldnt. just give it some time and you'll be good .
Ya i think you might be right. But i got money invested in it and not going to let it go to waste.
After all this rain clears i will be out living the honda dream.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Glad your back up, like posted above you will get back full in no time and have a new set of skills and awareness.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Retired Moderator

Yeah Jester...glad to see you healed upand running. Take your time, and keep in mind you did a great job of being aware!

Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All,great advice...Jester... nothing changes, till it changes... and this is the oppertunity. I'm on a few forums... and "rider down', is come'n up in spades. Many will quit before, or after the fact... 'cause like you see... everyday... I thought about it last week. 10+ bikes, 5, up and scary. I really thought about it... I love ride'n, but shoot... this is suposed to be fun!!!!!! I'm ride'n more on off hours, nights, and less w/ groups... especialy "loose crew" .Group ride crashes, are the dirty little secret, of statistics. I'm blessed, plenty of wide open spaces, in e. wa.
I have sought instuction, about every place I can... touring forums, race'n techniques, people, I respect... not caught up in the "death b4 dishonnor BS. I stay away from potential incidents... even turning around, and going the opposite direction. I don't ride "impared" or w/ those that are... sick, tired, Freaked out, pissed off, or a "I don't give a damn attitude" this gig, is dangerous enough w/o poor decernment on my part. If I'm "off"... I don't ride...
So... can some simple decisions...when, where , why ,w/who and prob. most imp.... how, make all the diff? I counting on it !!!!!! for you and for me... and for the longevity of the sport (present form) in general.
I aplaud your post... the thoughts and reflections, that we should actualy share w/ others, to help them make adjustments and important changes, good job and thanks for risking that vaulnrability. Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 06-05-2007, 05:09 PM

Dude, I know what you mean.

I took a 7-year break from motorcycle riding. The first couple times out on my 900RR (after I got it put together), I felt the same way. The awareness has not gone away, but I've beena little more comfortablesince taking an all day ride, on the country roads around here with a few friends, a couple weeks ago. Time on it shouldmake you more comfortable. Just don't get too comfortable with it.