Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just got my wisdom teeth pulled.

I have to get mine pulled here pretty soon. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I should have had them out when I was 17 (I'm 24 now). That's how much I don't want to do it.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I have to get mine pulled here pretty soon. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I should have had them out when I was 17 (I'm 24 now). That's how much I don't want to do it.
Yea man, I sorta procrastinated getting mine pulled. Im 20 now, and should have had it done back when I was 17 I believe to. Just make sure your knocked out for it. I remember them sticking me, and then waking up.

I will admit today is 100% better than yesterday. Pain wise. (Drugs still havent let me **** yet) I know you didnt really care to know but oh well. HAHA

Old 02-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my life experience with Wisdom teeth...

Do them when they recommend - I didn't - mine were impacted - they made their way out and started hitting my rear molars. - I thought nothing of it - Finally got up the nerve to do it - did the general anesthetic - removal was simple - general anesthetic drugs were great - healing went well - Didn't have to use any additional pain meds. (Incidentally, my first meal afterwards was Taco Bell - some strange craving for chicken Quesadilla)

Here's the problem - due to my waiting, the wisdom's basically started pushing my molars and damaged the enamel - thus starting cavaties way down low - I had to have my wisdom's removed so they could fix the cavaties. - well, one of the cavaties went directly into one of the roots - HORRENDOUS PAIN!!! - wound up having a root canal - then when they went toput a crown on the root canal they said there was not enough left for them to attach a crown. - Wound up having the hole tooth removed - now that was painful...

Other tooth is still there - wound up having a root canal on it (Actually not a bad experience) and a crown has since been put in - that one is doing fine.

Overall - If they're impacted - don't wait!!! - I had them scheduled for removal when I was 21ish - Mom's insurance was changing due to employment changes, and it got rescheduled, then cancelled, then forgot about until I was 29ish. 8 years of waiting cost me a tooth, and caused me a lot of pain.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM

Maybe im just being a *ussy, but the pain is far worse today than I have experienced thus far. When will the pain go away!!! Pain meds dont seem to be working as well as the first day either. WTF!

Then since I have a few days off work, and nothing better to do, I keep looking at what I want to buy for my bike, and cant afford any of it! but so tempting just to enter in that credit card #.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Retired Moderator

I had my top teeth removed, then I had mylowers removed later, which were impacted(couldn't afford all four at once). I didn't have any problems, any pain I couldn't handle, and used my pain killers for personal pleasure. I just made sure to follow the instructions for care (change the gauze, clean out the empty spaces with salt water, no hot foods, straws, or smoking). I was fine. You'll be okay in a few days.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 PM

Ive had all them taken out but not at once, 3 were pretty bad but it was the 4th one that was the "Oh ****" as said by the X-ray tech. It was about an inch to high, (top right) all of my wisdom were just really f'ed up. My question is did anyone else get that really rank taste in their mouth, almost like the taste of rotting flesh...i woke up i nthe midd the procedure also..they kinda had to hold me down to revamp me full of medication to get me go back down...****, they also stichted completely wrong...was a big mess in my mouth, i would like to thank the Oxnard board of medical staff on treating me stillpretty good..until they told me that i HAD to leave even though i was still bleeding all over the place...didnt pack my mouth correctly with cotton either.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 AM

i just ate the percocet:-p

Old 02-09-2008, 10:14 PM

Well, Im pretty pissed off right now! I was wondering why my left side was hurting so much more, and was swollen ALOT more.

So I take a flashlight and look in the mirror and see exactly what it felt like. The Doc. sewed my gums to my check!!!!

This can not be normal, nor good. And hurts like no ones buisness.