Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

All I want for christmas.....is my wisdom teeth out

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All I want for christmas.....is my wisdom teeth out

So as luck would have it i had my wisdom teeth taken out today, just 3 days before christmas. I thought i would be horrible but its not at all. 6 hours later i ate dinner with no problem and there is no pain. Maybe these are just the painkillers talkin but im kinda taken back by how not so bad this whole deal has been.

Lets hear everyone elses stories on wisdom teeth.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:59 AM
Default RE: All I want for christmas.....is my wisdom teeth out

Thats really good to know...i have to get mine out but am really scared. Everyone tells me how much it sucks, and how you cant eat anything solid for 3 days. Were your wisdom teeth grown in at all or did they cut them out or whatever?

Old 12-23-2006, 02:04 AM

I went to the dentist and they took my x-rays as normal and they said my wisdom teeth would have to go. They also told me i had an impacted tooth. So when my x-rays came up they showed all the roots of my teeth but my impacted tooth was showing the top of itself in the x- ray. It grew in 90 degrees off. So when I went in to get them removed they had to cut open a hole in my gums and break the tooth inside my mouth then vacuum that sucker out. I had what they called a dressing in it after the sugery. It was a open cavity meaning openning that shouldnt be there so they were filling it with what looked like a middle finger from a rubber glove covered in liquid pain killer,antibiotics etc (that was the dressing). So they grabbed a metal rod and went to pack it in. The lady hit a nerve in my mouth dead nuts I pulled her hand away and threw the metal rod across the office. It hurt a bit. With the stitches in my mouth and the pain from that I didnt eat until the next day. The vicatin was the best part of it all. I fell asleep with my eyes open.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine grew in nice and straight, and still got 'em now with no problems

Glad it wasn't too bad for ya though... I know I HATE going to the dentist! Those things they make you bite down on to take the x-rays, they always make me gag and almost puke all over myself, lol [:-] [:@]

Old 12-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: kramer

Thats really good to know...i have to get mine out but am really scared. Everyone tells me how much it sucks, and how you cant eat anything solid for 3 days. Were your wisdom teeth grown in at all or did they cut them out or whatever?
I didn't think it was that bad at all, and I am a big sissy. I actually couldn't afford to have all four out at once, so I had to go in twice, and have two done at a time. Get knocked out if you can afford it. I remember counting backwards, or something, then the next thing I remembered was having someone help me to the car. The pain was not bad afterwards. I got two 20 count bottles of vics., ate them in two days (for the glutenous pleasure), and never hurt afterthose days were up. Here is a pretty good sight with some root canal info: http://dentistry.about.com/od/common.../rootcanal.htm

Old 12-23-2006, 08:09 AM

i got 2 taken out last year.. it was so easy .. no pain after takin em out ...

Old 12-23-2006, 10:39 AM

Dont be a bunch of sooks! I was'nt knocked out and had mine done in the chair. stress less. the noise is pretty cool when they finally let go and its pretty spun out to seehow long they are.They justgive you a heap of needles so you cant feel your face and go for it. I had to get the bone scraped on the bottom ones . It took about5-10 mins each tooth.Yeh for some people there can be major swelling and a bit of pain but nothingcompaired to what your going to have to deal with if you stack your bike!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2006, 02:09 PM

i had mine takin out when i was 15, right after i got my braces taken off. at that time i didnt like takin pain killers cause of how they mademe feel so i only took the darvacets for the first day. after that i just toughed it out.

my great grandfather was nuts. he couldnt afford much and the dentist was the last thing on his list so he took his out himself. he worked them out wit a tooth pick and used cotton ***** to stop the bleading.

Old 12-23-2006, 02:16 PM

I had all four taken out at the same time. The two on the bottom were impacted so they had to be broken out in pieces. They put me under for the procedure so I don't really remeber a thing other than counting backwards. There was a little pain the first few days but nothing too bad. The problem I had came a couple days later when I started to pull out a few pieces that the dentist missed. I wasjust happy thatmy insurance covered the whole procedure.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:12 AM

I got all 4 of mine taken out about 3 years ago. I had been running a small fever beforehand, but the doc said I was ok to go through with the procedure....Needless to say I got a really bad flu, threw up ripping out the stiches 5 times (yes they had to be restiched each time). That week was a living hell for me, I ended up loosing 22 lbs in a week...couldn't even hold down water. To top it all off, we had a bad ice storm that knocked out power for 5 of the 7 or so days I was sick.