Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Well, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled.

I pretty much feel like ****. Allthough they gave me some percocet.

Any of you that have gone through this, can you tell me what I can eat. Only thing I had so far is a shake, so I can take my pills. Im starving but hurts to put anything in my mouth! I got jello, but thats about it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Default RE: Just got my wisdom teeth pulled.

Mashed potatoes, pasta, soup, oatmeal. That's what I lived on. Hope ya feel better.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:33 PM

When I was in high schoolI had my wisdom teeth pulled they said I could eat anything I wanted as soon as I felt up to it. I had saved this delicious brownie from the day prior and attempted eating it only a few hours after surgery. It sucked because my mouth was still numb and I had to squash it up against the roof of my mouth with my tongueto be able to eat it. Anyways I had all 4 of mine pulled and my mouth didn't swell to bad andit really never hurt tomuch either. They gaveme vicodin but I really didn't use them and my mom flushed them down the toilet after a few days and me saying I wasn't going to use them. In conclusion,lol, eat whatever doesn't hurt and hopefully your cheeks don't swell up to much so you can still fit your helmet on.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

My wife had 2 of hers and had to have some bone spurs on her bottom jaw filed off bout 2 weeks ago, and all mine are gone. Pudding, apple sauce, lots of drinks, gatoraide, or anything with nutrition value, v-8 or whatever you can to keep your nutrition up. You will know when you can eat again, start slow with mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and work your way back to pizza and beer

Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way back when I had mine pulled, I had a spicy chicken sandwich from Hardees or Arbies one. And a 12 pack of icehouse

They only prescribe motrin 600MG to me for it. but 2 of those n a few beers work nicely lol

Old 02-06-2008, 06:00 PM

Well...when I was a kid and when your baby teeth were suppost to be coming out mine weren't. So, I went to the dentist and they pulled out all my baby teeth in 2 sessions a few months apart form each other. Pulled the teeth in the back of my mouth first, top and bottem, then the second visit was the front, top and bottem. Doc said my roots were strong as hell and it prevented my adult teeth from pushing out my baby teeth. While he pulled them out he broke a few of them in half. Even though they numb up your mouth it still hurt else where.

Then when my adult teeth came in I had to have 2 teeth that were EXTRA pulled out to make room.

I couldn't eat solid food for god knows how long because I barely didn't have any teeth left till my adults came in. And the bleeding and pain afterwards, 24/7, that lasted weeks. After all that was done I had to ware braces for 4 years. My teeth were really screwed up.

Soo many childhood memorys repressed. [&o]

Old 02-06-2008, 06:07 PM

[sm=trust_me.gif]Just don't eat greasy foods, spices, and take your antibiotics...

Old 02-06-2008, 06:09 PM

Thanks everybody!!

Yea, so I had to have military doctors take em out, which I was not real happy about, but whats done is done. The one good thing about the military opperations is they give pretty good drugs, cause they want me back working asap.

I got them percs, 800mg motrin, and some prescribed mouth wash( supposed to be special stuff)

I keep drooling all over the place!! haha I cant control nor feel it. This sucks, Im thinking probably a bad idea to take the bike out for a spin. LOL

Old 02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everybody says theirs hurt.........mine didnt hurt ONE BIT. i never took any of the pain pills either (never do when they're given to me). i ended up having to go back in b/c i had an "air pocket" and they had to stab me w/ another needle.......still no pain. maybe it was the dentist i went to.

basically, anything that is smooth(soup, yogurt, icecream, pudding, mashed potatoes, rice, mac and cheese....)you can eat. i TRIED to eat some KFC fries that same afternoon, and it didnt go well.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

Thanks everybody!!

Yea, so I had to have military doctors take em out, which I was not real happy about, but whats done is done. The one good thing about the military opperations is they give pretty good drugs, cause they want me back working asap.

I got them percs, 800mg motrin, and some prescribed mouth wash( supposed to be special stuff)

I keep drooling all over the place!! haha I cant control nor feel it. This sucks, Im thinking probably a bad idea to take the bike out for a spin. LOL
When the military doctor took all 4 of mine out, he ended up damaging a nerve on the bottom tooth next to the one he took out. Ended up having to get a root canal and crown put on because of his ****ty service. I won't let military doctors perform on me anymore. Plus the percocets just hurt my stomach didn't really ever stop the pain. off base doctors provided Vicodin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my wisdom teeth pulled.