Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I went down ;(

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr

gsxr parts came in, and that got me excited about bikes again.

i cannot tell you how helpful my friends been. all my exes offered to help too, but i don't think i will ask them. i appreciate their willingness to help though.
That's the spirit Yum - time will heal forsure - get better soon

Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you get to feeling better and heal fast, you must have an angle watching over you because you are still here to talk about it, time will heal all wounds. The bike may not be so lucky, insurance will total it more than likely. Too bad it wasn't the gsxr, hope you get back out and ride again when you are all healed up.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
August 2011 ROTM

just got call from my insurance company. she said truck guy's insurance is taking full responsibility in this case. i told her to have them talk to my lawyer.

i still want to keep my cbr. if they total it, i might buy it back from them. i am not selling it in future and salvage title doesnt bother me

Old 03-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just got call from my insurance company. she said truck guy's insurance is taking full responsibility in this case. i told her to have them talk to my lawyer.

i still want to keep my cbr. if they total it, i might buy it back from them. i am not selling it in future and salvage title doesnt bother me
Yes, keep it!

Hang in there Yum. Relax & be well.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:43 PM

I just saw this thread today, sorry to hear about your accident sounds like it was very painful. Hope you get well soon and your bike gets fixed up. I'm interested in the details of how he hit you head on at an intersection if it doesn't bother you to post them?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 AM

I hope everything heals well on you yum, keep the spirit up you'll be back ride'n again.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Default progress update

still stuck at home, but i refuse to give up my independency. i do things like swifer the floor on wheelchair. laundry is like four step process. i go first on wheelchair to put them in the washer. when its done, go back with walker and put my elbow on washer to balance myself and transfer clothes into dryer. when it's done, i go back with walker to take them out onto washer top, then go back with wheelchair to put them on my lap to take them to bedroom.

since everything i do, even typing (one hand typing), is slow, day seems to pass quicker than i thought it would.

getting around with walker. i'm getting good at this and also wheelchair.
IMG_3375.MOV - YouTube

my finger still has blood on it. lol. when i get the cast off on 4/4, i can wash them.
IMG_3380.MOV - YouTube

Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you're hobbling around just fine. Legs looking good too

So if the Guy's insurance is taking care of everything, how long before we see you on a CBR 1000? Couple days?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM
August 2011 ROTM

yeah leg doesnt show any outside imperfection except if you look close, it is swollen. it's very stiff and uncomfortable. at least it's not piercing pain.

i am gonna rebuilt my baby girl. we been together from day one on my journey to ride motorcycle. i wont abandon her

Old 03-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

you're mobile! that's a good step. i'm glad you have the right attitude about this. keep it up yum