Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I went down ;(

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess he wasn't paying attention for whatever reason. Keep us posted on your recovery and make sure to do all the physical therapy so you can get back on the bike ASAP.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:17 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Today's x-ray looked good. Now I can practice walking and move wrist. wrist is super sore to move, i wanna cry moving it. but i'm not gonna let pain win me. Knee that I thought I was bending good when i'm sitting is not really doing good when I try to walk. It's stil stiff as hell and under the knee gets sore. i stand on walker with two feet, and make like 3 inches step for short distance for now. And I know I have a plate and screws on my wrist from x-ray.

when I saw my Dr last week, he was asking me what I was doing when I got this. (He knows how it happened) when I responded, he was like "you were trying to kill yourself. get something bigger next time. To which I responded I will get Harley. lol And today he said "see honda is not good get Yamaha next time" I told him Honda is the best. I am sure he sees good numbers of motorcycle accident patients. He said there was a guy who broke every bones in his body from motorcycle accident. Ouch, that must have been very bad..

well, I think I am in a good path of recovery so far.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife, mom, mother-in-law and naturally most of their friends are all nurses, so I've heard every single joke about bike riders being called organ donors etc...
Did the doctor say did the guy survive who broke all his bones? I've seen some pretty graphic pics for example of my moms old work mate who'se bike got out of hands and was squished in two bits between two semi trailers going in opposite directions...

those plate things can be really nasty for a while, after all there's stuff that doesn't belong there and sometimes the body's not that keen about it... My granny had a titanium rod inside her calf bone after she was run over by a car some ten years back...

Glad to see you're on your way to recovery though! I'm just slowly starting the season here and was thinking I should get a pair of armored pants cause there's still gravel and patches of black ice here and there in the mornings...

Last edited by Mattson; 04-12-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Mattson,

I would strongly suggest armored riding pants. My personal definition of ATGATT includes this piece of kit.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 AM
August 2011 ROTM

the guy with broken bones lived. And yep to a good pair of riding pants.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, prolly gonna go see some today. I have an IOU receipt for a car rental company that I rented a car from, payed it for a week and returned the next day cause I didn't need it after all... They refused to refund, but they sell bike gear too so I can use it for them. They don't have any brands I know of (for ex. Maruschin-helmets, never heard) but I'll go see what I can find...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:03 AM

Damn, kid. That really sucks. Don't push a knee injury. I'm proof it's not worth it. Take care of yourself and come back to us 100%. Get well, bro. Poptarts, like french fries, are best eaten frozen.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
cast came off yesterday. doctor was not too happy with how much my fingers moved. started physical therapy this morning. he told me all the pain i will feel when i move the fingers are muscle. so i feel better. wrist movement is still not good. i have to do wrist exercise too so it will start to move better
do as much therapy as you can stand and then do it some more. you may think it hurts or is uncomfortable, but you want to get back as much ability and range of motion as you can get.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:47 AM

Take it easy but try to regain flexibility at the same time.
There's a lot of tissue damage and ligaments that are either torn or stretched in the ankle and knee.
At this point doing some slows easy stretches on your wrist and knee will do as much good or more than just walking.
Stretch it to where its pretty tight feeling and hold it there.

I made the mistake of going back to work too soon and couldn't stretch my ankle as needed and it has maybe 2/3 the flexibility of the other side.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh god... I returned to CBRF at a bad time. I wish you a speedy recovery yumi!!!