Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I went down ;(

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad your alright and not crippled!!!(well maybe you are today..)

good luck. dont get discouraged you will be on the other bike in no time.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
When dd broke a bone in her foot, she got one of those walkers with handlebar/wheels
and the seat/basket.
i wish i can use those. problem with me is broken wrist. so my walker has what is called platform to use my elbow on that arm rather than hand.

fitness and riding.. i am glad i worked out on regular basis, so i have strong core muscle to pull me up instead of just using arm and leg muscle.

my friends been very helpful. one took me to doctor's appt and another one came and cleaned house, did laundry and brought me food today.

forgot to mention, i was on my 600rr. haven't gotten the estimate yet. but i have a feeling it will be total. how much does it cost to buy back from insurance company? if it is total, i think i will part out the bike instead of rebuilding it.

i think i figured out why wrist is hurting more today. 1. i did a lot of hopping with walker yesterday so the vibration to the wrist. 2. swelling is going down so cast is not as tight as when they put it on.

i got rash on my neck and i thought it was a side effect from pain killer, but doctor said it is from nerve block anethesia. so i am ok to take pain killer again.

thank you all for your support!!!

so.. when are we having poptarts party at my house?

Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try to keep the wrist elevated above your heart, that will keep the swelling down
and help with the tendency to throb in time with your heart-beat.

With the walker...that's why I suggested sitting on it and pushing with your good leg.

Ern

Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 AM

Yeah, i remember from my broken ankle any time you can lay down and elevate it it helps the pain and swelling quite a bit.
Glad to hear you're getting around.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 PM

^ True.

Wish you a speedy recovery yumoncbr.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Head on?! Wow...

Get well soon.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 AM

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the acident. I am happy to hear your injuries aren't worse than they are though.

Hopefully the other driver has good insurance and will take care of everything.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Sorry to read about your crash. I'm glad that you are alive to let us know. Get well soon Yumi!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh No, Yum! I just saw this!

I'm glad you're (mostly) OK!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:21 PM
August 2011 ROTM

it's been little over a week now. feet still swells up if i have it down for life 4 hours. but the extent of swelling is getting less.
i had cold laser facial equipment so i've been apply the laser on fractured area and bruised area. also when i do bending and spreading finger drill, i apply the laser to sore joint areas. it seems to help. dr told me to do 200 leg lift a day, so i do that. it is good thing i can do one leg squat. that helps tremendously picking things up from the floor. i'm glad i was into working out regularly.
wrist gives me 5-30 mins bad pain twice a day or so. but in the morning when i get up it seems to feel better each day

gsxr parts came in, and that got me excited about bikes again. i have to buy helmet so insurance will reimburse me. shop didnt finish damage estimate yet, so not sure of what parts i need to order. i'm not in rush as long as they can keep my bike there though.

sometimes, i feel like i'm left out from normal daily fun., like mild depression like, and it's been only a week. i try to go back thinking positive when that happens i look at nice ocean view from my place on wheelchair, thinking i am lucky to have this view.

i cannot tell you how helpful my friends been. all my exes offered to help too, but i don't think i will ask them. i appreciate their willingness to help though.

ps: i am too short for wheelchair.. i cannot push it without shoes

Last edited by yumoncbr; 03-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.