Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I went down ;(

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaah, sheesh... Really sorry to hear that! Money buys new bikes, bodyparts are a little harder to come by... Glad you`re still in one piece, and hope you get better soon!

Old 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bike is totaled. i might be stupid, but i have opt to keep my bike.

cast came off yesterday. doctor was not too happy with how much my fingers moved. started physical therapy this morning. he told me all the pain i will feel when i move the fingers are muscle. so i feel better. wrist movement is still not good. i have to do wrist exercise too so it will start to move better

Old 04-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Could one of these help? I have one and spin it every now and then. It puts up a suprising amout of force when the revs go up.

I also have a 1"x1" wooden cube that I sawed from a plank of Jarrah-tree and oiled for looks. I think it`s fun to spin around in my left hand when I surf around the net. Strenghtens the fingers, after a while you`ll start to "feel the burn" in them... It could be a big enough dice or any other cubical object, but I like the jarrah-cube cause I intentionally left the edges sharp. Massages my palm and gets the blood flowing. I have an issue with my wrists, cause I had a carpal tunnel syndrome (?) on both my wrists about two years back in the same time, and they never really healed cause I couldn`t just sit around doing nothing (the doctor said that I literally wasn`t ment to do a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. cause it was on both hands, not even play playstation or anything), so now If I ride my Cagiva which has this very wide fighter bar that gets my wrists in a funny angle, or spend a long time using the mouse, my fingers go all numb and cold and my wrists start to ache. Rolling the cube helps.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:03 PM
August 2011 ROTM

i think that might help once i am able to move my wrist. dr didnt want me to move it for now and i have another appointment next week and we will take xray then. so hopefully after that, i can exercise wrist too. i started doing fingers exercise yesterday and it is moving so much better. thanks for your help

Old 04-06-2012, 02:06 PM

Yeah, do not rush it, or you`ll end up doing more bad than good...

Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM

sorry to hear about yor accident yumi. glad to see you are ok and healing well and also sorry about your bike. hopefully it is fixable and you will be back on her in no time.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have not been on of late...Sorry to here Yumi. Get well soon. BTW...get a good lawyer and sue that truck.

It's reality every rider must face...that some vehicle runs a red or just hit us....hard to avoid though even if you are all gear up...

Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM
August 2011 ROTM

yep, I have a very experienced lawyer. It might take at 6 months or longer to sue him because of physical damages, but i'm suing him.

when i saw the truck bumper, i was thinking to myself this has nothing to do with my skill level, nobody can avoid this.

bike is very repairable. i already got replacement rim. since shop let me keep my bike there, rims will be powdercoated in red or black depends on what kind of red they have, and i will change the rotors to aftermarket ones. other cosmetic things, i can take time to deal with them as i will have lots of time before i can get on her.

fingers continue to do well, and knee is bending little more each day.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
yep, I have a very experienced lawyer. It might take at 6 months or longer to sue him because of physical damages, but i'm suing him.

when i saw the truck bumper, i was thinking to myself this has nothing to do with my skill level, nobody can avoid this.

bike is very repairable. i already got replacement rim. since shop let me keep my bike there, rims will be powdercoated in red or black depends on what kind of red they have, and i will change the rotors to aftermarket ones. other cosmetic things, i can take time to deal with them as i will have lots of time before i can get on her.

fingers continue to do well, and knee is bending little more each day.
I hope you and the bike make a full recovery. Knee injuries really suck, I smashed my left knee on my dirt bike and all I did was bruise a ligament and it's still bothering me more than 7 months later.

What was the guys story that hit you, on the phone, drunk, stupid, or all of the above?

Old 04-10-2012, 12:57 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I haven't heard his side of the story. but my guess is... a car in front of him first made the left turn through red light as i was approaching the intersection. when i looked around other cars when i saw that car, he was sitting at the light. so he must not been looking in the front and noticed the car in front of him left when he looked up, and thought he was missing the light. and when he started to make the turn, i was already in the middle of the intersection. it was middle aged brother and sister. i didnt see them around me when i was on the ground though. found out who it was from police report