Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Highsided my f4i today **re-update** bike for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Highsided my f4i today (normal speed, turning left) - updated w/pics

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

Frame sliders FTW.
+1...i need to get some since i'll be riding almost all winter

Old 10-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Default RE: Highsided my f4i today (normal speed, turning left) - updated w/pics

Good luck with physical therapy bro. Its absolutely the worse on these shoulder areas. They make you cry for mercy before they let you leave i think. I go 2 hours a day once a day for the next 6 weeks.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Ok Everybody, After talking with the g/f, parents, siblings, friends, co-workers, etc. I'm going to sell the bike. I'm either going to fix it up and sell it in the spring, or if one of you wants it as your own winter project I'll give you guys first dibs and a slightly lower price - I could use the room in my garage this winter anyway. If this thread doesn't generate enough interest I'll pop a separate thread in the "for sale" section.

You all already know the "bad" - pics of the damage are in this thread, really the only two things that I see as NEEDING attention are the left side turn signal since the actual plastic on the front cowl broke off, and the rear brake pedal should be replaced. The right side turn signal can easily be fixed. If I fix the bike before selling, I'm going to install flush mounts anyway.

There's a lot more "good" than bad with this bike, here is a quick list of items I'd be selling along with the prices...

Item Asking Price

'06 f4i (with extended honda protection plan) 6375 miles 5000
chatterbox gmrs x1 & accessories 150
scorpio i600 alarm system (installed) 200
medium hjc helmet (not worn when crashed) 50
small hjc helmet (not worn when crashed) 50
Remote controlled LED's / angel eyes / groud effects 100
baxley sport chock 200
blue honda leather jacket (slight damage) 100
textile jacket and pants 100
winter gloves 25
summer gloves 25
small summer gloves 25
small textile jacket 35
hotbodies undertail (uninstalled) 25
indoor / garage Cover 15
saddle bags and tail bag 100
clymer manual 15

TOTAL = $6,165

I think that would be a pretty fair price, but since there is some work that needs to be done and a few small parts (brake pedal, turn signal) that will need replacement and since the bike has been dropped twice (i dropped it about a year ago in a driveway on the same side that it fell on recently, got a few scratches on it back then - there is a thread here somewhere with pics) I think that I will let everything go for $5,850. I'm sure there are some other misc. items like oil filters and stuff that I have lying around that I would give away too if somebody bought it all. I've also already ordered a replacement frame slider - what an awesome investment! As you can see from my other threads/posts, this bike was never abused and I regularly maintained it. I'm well aware that this price seems a little high but I was pretty conservitive on my estimates on the additional stuff - and the bike overall is in fantastic condition and has the honda protection plan until march 2012. I will also sell the garmin zumo for a few hundred bucks or trade for a nuvi or something similar.

Note I am NOT parting out or selling any of the listed items separately, I just did item by item to justify the overall asking price. Next year I may sell the items individually but right now it's a packaged deal.

Any takers?

Old 10-28-2008, 04:26 PM

when you're ready to part with the med. hjc and the leather jacket(if it's a med.).....let me know