Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Highsided my f4i today **re-update** bike for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Highsided my f4i today (normal speed, turning left)

Andrew, That sucks brother. Glad you're allright man (for the most part)...

Old 10-23-2008, 09:14 PM

Jesus man, glad you are safe albeit beaten up. How much 'gas" did you give it? Gravel? Were the tires or road real cold? Where you leaned too far forward? I understand if you dont want to reminicse, I am always trying to learn.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 PM

Gear saves lives as you found out. Something similar almost to me except I tried to brake like I was taught (MSF course) and ended up in the gravel.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Xx New Guy xX

hey all - i was indeed wearing full gear from head to toe and am very thankful. It was a left turn onto a 40mph 2 lane road, so i was mid turn, gave her some gas to get up to speed. Rear wheel slid out from under me, then it caught and threw me to the right.

here's pic #1 - more to follow tomorrow...

Thats a nice break. Like Jay said listen to the doc on what you can do and wear that stupid *** sling thing (i hated it) it may seem like it doesnt work but it does I found that out after I wore it for a week and took it off early and rebroke my collar bone just bending over to pick up my son (just bending over not picking him up, I never made it that far)after that I wore it for the 6 weeks (i think) and not a problem after that.

I wish you well on the recovery and try not to cough to hard(hahaha you will know what i mean)

Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ yeah while i was supposed to be wearing mine, me and a friend went to New York City for a few days and i didnt want to walk around w/ that backpack...w/o the pack-thing on. so i went w/o it for a few days and i could feel a difference, **** HURT! its lame, but wear it. i still have mine, lol. its on my "accident memorabilia shelf".......which has grown more than i'd like, lol.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM

OMG! Damn, bro! I highsided almost the same way. I was making a left and my tires lost traction and I got thrown over. Fortunately, I didn't break anything and I was fully geared in a suit. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!! Heal up soon!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

Jesus man, glad you are safe albeit beaten up. How much 'gas" did you give it? Gravel? Were the tires or road real cold? Where you leaned too far forward? I understand if you dont want to reminicse, I am always trying to learn.
I'm with him, I've almost lost the bike on a few turns, both because of gravel and gas put together, luckily no crash yet, no jacket, need to get one for the inevitable -_-

Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: soccer13pro2007

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

I'm with him, I've almost lost the bike on a few turns, both because of gravel and gas put together, luckily no crash yet, no jacket, need to get one for the inevitable -_-
No more gas than i typically give it, i certainly didn't gun it. The tires were very cold - the bike was sitting in 40 degree weather all day and i was no more than a quarter mile from leaving work. Dude - get a jacket. w/out it i'm sure it would have been much worse and they would still be scraping the skin off the asphalt... The road may also have been slick - i will check it out tomorrow.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 PM

Yeah, I know, I'ma get a jacket ASAP but I gotta pay for a ticket, keep paying for my bike, replace the back tire, get books next semester, I just don't have the funds right now, I'm pullin 35 hours at work mixed with 12 hours of school a week trying to get all this behind me. The tire is off the bike right now though, so I can't ride (risked the front looking BAD but not gonna give myself the chance to do that with the back and as much stress as it takes)

Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

Ohhhhhhhhh **** man! Of all the bones I've broken, collar bone was the biggest nuisance...makes it so hard to sleep.

Quick Reply: Highsided my f4i today **re-update** bike for sale