F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike update!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike update!!!!

So its been about a year since Ive had my bike and within the last month ive put a few things on my bike: ebay shorty levers, LOR exhaust, and proton turn signals. Ill upload pictures and maybe video tomorrow as well as a full list of things ive got on my bike. Just got finished with the LOR exhaust and its soo loud!!! and im loving it. Protons look amazing as well.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in seeing the shorty levers... also a link and price?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

very nice to see someone get some nice stuff... im a large lor fan for the f4i as they make the only race looking exhaust for it...

pics would be great...

Old 01-27-2011, 03:11 PM

I would like to see pics too. Video would be awesome. There's only one video on YouTube of that Exhaust on an f4i and he doesnt rev it at all. Lol.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 PM

PICS at bottom, video will have to come sunday. townhome complex and its dark.

alright so i ended up having an oil leak and had to put in a quart and a half. I know very bad but hopefully i fixed it. anyways ive had my bike for a year(jan 2010) and what ive done is as follows:

spark plugs
all fluids
manual cct
race air filter
ddm hid(high beam)- i have the low beam but wanted to wait to see the drain on the battery and everything. Only problems ive had so far is ballast slipping but fixed that with a better location.
driven d3 grips- awesome highly recommend them, super comfy

last month or two:
bt-16 tires- cant comment too much. first tire change. they work and havent had any problems, also got them on sale

ebay shorty levers(black with red adjuster)- super easy install, no imperfections at all in them and fitment is spot on. only problem would be the color of the adjuster is a lighter red(could say pink) compared to the red on the rest of my bike including the red on the d3 grips. also havent gotten completely used to the shorty lever but that has more to do with me than the levers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BC02-...item20b5080cdb

protons- love the light output and the look they have when installed. with that said im hit and miss with the install. the screw had to go through the second hole in the fairings(opposite of the stock signals) which was a little annoying since i had to solder the wires after the signals were on the bike(oem connectors do not go through the second hole in the fairing). my other problem would be the blinking rate which i feel is faster than stock(i am running them on oem flash rate) even though they say self regulated flashing. also the running light function is always on even if the high beam is off. i cant remember if this was true with the stock signals but its noticeable after.

Level One Racing exhaust- Amazing! i went from an erion slipon to this and its so much deeper at idle and throughout the rpm range. the top couple thousand rpms(12-14) to me sound the same but i am sitting on the bike so could be wrong(its LOUD!). i know some of you are interested in the exhaust and all i can say is buy one as soon as possible because they stopped making them 2-3 weeks ago. i had to call around to find someone who had one in stock and even then i ended up with the carbon fiber version of the 260. I wanted the satin back 260 with the factory tip, to me it looked sweet. anyways install was equal to installing levers and quality of the exhaust is amazing. Only problem for me right now is how to get a map for the exhaust. They have a map on their website but i have a pc3(non usb) which uses an older file format which is not compatible with the newer files. Anyone have any suggestions before i email power commander on how to get the newer file to work? can i copy and paste using exel? anyways for those who want an exhaust that is very noticeable you will fall in love. i really liked my erion exhaust but i do a lot of commuting(school/work) and a lot of times it couldnt be heard when at lower rpms. i would have to cruise at a gear higher which was sometimes annoying(only sometimes). I ride with the mind set that every little thing to make you more noticeable to cars helps. And the LOR does this for me so i am very satisfied. I dont do much riding in groups but i can see how it could be annoying for other riders. this might be a concern for some

so things in the near future:
valve adjustment-(at about 16,000) so that needs to be done soon
chain and sprocket- its never been changed so im getting closer to that, will probably go -1/+2(steel) and 520 chain
speedodrd-need it with changing sprocket sizes. its cheaper than the speedohealer and it does a simple function so cheaper works for me. anyone have experience with either? opinions?
undertail- cant decide where to go with this(pimpbikes or mototeck). i keep going back and forth with them. also they are expensive
double bubble windscreen- they look awesome, a little worried about lcd screen burn some people have experienced.
oil change maybe?- i live in southern california so temperature isnt too much of a concern. manual says every 8,000 miles i think. im at around 4,000 should i be good? i know 4,000 is low but im on my bike every day or two(short distance to school and work but traffic so it seems a lot longer) plus i got a car i like driving so i split my time.

anyways pics:

before(sorry i dont have true before pics on me right now, ill upload them on sunday):
Name:  IMG_0050.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  135.9 KB

now:
Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  125.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0294.jpg
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0285.jpg
Size:  159.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Size:  96.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0321.jpg
Size:  151.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0290.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  173.3 KB

let me know what you guys think and any questions/concerns, ideas?

Thanks

Old 01-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Looks sick bro. I love that exhaust. What did that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Old 01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Billy Ray! lol (Trading Places movie quote)
I can tell just by looking at that LOR exhaust that it HAS to be loud,being as small a canister as it is.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:50 PM

jj check this link

http://www.google.com/#q=f4i+lor&hl=...e6ea3f1e424b62

they have alot of different lengths and two different canister types

Old 01-28-2011, 03:51 PM

looks good op, now ditch the pass pegs, get a race exhaust bracket, loose the rear fender, and get a db screen and ur set...

Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 PM

maybe he occasionally carries a passenger. i could see keepin the left pass peg regardless though.

Quick Reply: Bike update!!!!