Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

hey gun people

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hey gun people

OK i just got back from the range. I put 150 rounds down with the .40 and no problems or jams. Very nice weapon, suprisingly accurate. I can hold a nice grouping at 35 feet which would be more then max range inside my home. Very satisfied with the handgun.

The 300 Whetherby took 3 shots to get sighted in it had been a few years since i pulled the trigger on it. The 4th-6th shots were bullseye so that was enough of that, im sure my shoulder will remind me tomm. Very pleased with this .40 though.

Name:  range002.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  149.1 KB
Name:  range001.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  145.0 KB

Old 11-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Cro

Hardcorp this question is for you if you can input.

I know, but the best gun for the money, but that happens to be short now.
I want to buy another 1911 copy, i say copy becuase of the price.

I have looked mainly at the springfield ww2 reps mainly becuase i love the styling.

rock island, springfield, llama, any recomendations on a lower end 1911 preferably compact?
I posted some information on the 45 somewhere around page 3 or 4 but the person you should be directing this tois shocktroop suggest dropping him a PM and ask him to post the information up for everybody better for you to do it than me you know exactly what you're really looking for and if anybody can steer you in the right direction it's him. I'm PM wellarmedcracker to see if he wants to get in on the fun in

Old 11-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Friend and Hero ...

in all four of these gun threads someone somewhere in the recent past and not one individual a couple have made mention of the XD it's amazing when something comes along and it gets thrown onthe cover of a couple of mags or someone with a real name for themselves in the industry prefers it over Brand X. I can remember the same hype about the Glock. I can really understand taking advice about a caliber choice but when it comes to what fits my hand the best and serves the purpose the best it really comes down to individuality itis the same as a preference for a baseball bat or a set of custom golf clubs. no two shooters are going to perceive a handgun the same... stressing the word handgun that's just mypersonal opinion as far as a shoulder fired weapon that's a whole neitherworld as to my way of thinking

Old 11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buddy of mine has an XD in .40 ... decent enough gun ... shoots well and I haven't heard any problems. But like you said, doesn't fit my hand like my glock. And I'm a glock convert. Hated the ugly bastards when they first came out. Father had one and was raving about it so I shot it a couple of times at the range and couldn't believe that sub 2' barrell could group decent at 30 yds. Plus it fit my hand like a glove. Firing it now is like an extension of my hand instead of a tool.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:03 PM

That is the thing with handguns, everyones hands are diff sizes. I didn't like the feel of a glock i made the gun dealer pull out close to 30 handguns before i made a choice last time. Someone breaks into your home at 3am that gun better fit your hand like a damn glove. The range i go to has the pistol range to the side and the target area is a good 50+ feet away. Whenever i take a handgun i move up to 40 or 35ish feet and take it from there. Anything farther then that and im coming back inside for a bigger gun LOL.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Most handgun battles occur at less than 10 feet in a panic situation according to an FBI study done in the late 80s and early 90s there were several instances where both combatants emptied their weapons and no one was hit.. a real training course and I'm not advertising for my company but a real training course that simulates real-world conditions is something everyone should think about their lot of them scattered out all over the country that do this type of training for civilians not just law enforcement but Blackwater does have one of the best facilities up at Moyock North Carolina that I have seen I hear thunder Ranch's facility is extremely well laid out also.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:24 AM

lol there is like atleast 4 gun related threads on the first page.. some gun totin' mofawkers out there..

Old 11-23-2008, 08:26 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

ORIGINAL: Cro

Hardcorp this question is for you if you can input.

I know, but the best gun for the money, but that happens to be short now.
I want to buy another 1911 copy, i say copy becuase of the price.

I have looked mainly at the springfield ww2 reps mainly becuase i love the styling.

rock island, springfield, llama, any recomendations on a lower end 1911 preferably compact?
I posted some information on the 45 somewhere around page 3 or 4 but the person you should be directing this tois shocktroop suggest dropping him a PM and ask him to post the information up for everybody better for you to do it than me you know exactly what you're really looking for and if anybody can steer you in the right direction it's him. I'm PM wellarmedcracker to see if he wants to get in on the fun in
Hey Hardcorp, good to see your well. I've been away for a while, trying to get back in the swing of things. I know you love the 10mm, as well you should, I've read they're pretty stout. The only problem I see is finding bulk ammo. As you know, i'm a big .45 fan. I carry the Glock 30 and also the fullsize H&K USP for not so conceal carry. .45 ammos easy to find but regretably not too cheap. I've been stocking up lately on ammo and parts to run the firearms I already have instead of getting more hungry firearms. I guess I've bit into the panic buying going on as far as ammos concerned, because of you know who. I've finally surpassed the 20k mark. If you don't have ammo your guns just a fancy club. I'd certainly hate to be someone just now looking to get into buying high end firearms and providing the ammo to feed them.
If I had some advice to give to someone just starting out, I'd say:
-Don't buy something just because it's cheap, you may have to depend your life or your familys life on it. What's that worth?
-Get something that has ammo and mags readily available and get plenty.
-With todays technoligy in defense ammo, most calibers will do the trick.
-Do some research. Find whats right for you.
-I agree with Hardcorp, every man needs 1 "GOOD" rifle, shotgun, and sidearm.
-Oh yeah, get plenty of ammo.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane

lol there is like atleast 4 gun related threads on the first page.. some gun totin' mofawkers out there..

this gun toting mother's life depends on his hardware it is half my job as for the rest of the guys I don't know what their excuse is LOL but I really like them

wellarmedcracker
that is one of the reasons I recommended the older model 9 mm Ruger and I have literally staked my life more than one time on the lethal capability of the 45 if memory serves me correctly I placed a short story about a particular incident in this thread about the effectiveness of the 45 I'm not backing up on my concerns about the 9 mm effectiveness but in good conscience I could recommend anything smaller than it to anyone. You have given some sound advice here as far as the 10 mm goes I have put away 4500 rounds of ball ammo and1200 rounds of
Black Talon ammunition or Ranger SXT stands for "Same eXact Thing"