Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Glove problems :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glove problems :(

ORIGINAL: ebear

My fingers arent long enough (or so i THOUGHT) to fully disengage the clutch without lifting my palm slightly (I use 4 fingers) I never thought about that it was probably my hand position in relationship to the clutch or the clutch needs to be moved. I've only ridden a total of maybe an hour without gloves prior to getting them. soo.. hopefully wont take to long to fix the problem. Oh and yeah, I knew I should have been manually rolling the throttle back up.. So I guess it's a good thing.. Just wasn't used to it. I also just got boots.. they are so tall in the toe not as easy to shift I should probably adjust the shifter up some to.
Yeah, it'll take some getting used to. Just make sure to always wear your gear...and for the msf course too.
You may want to adjust the clutch, as you said, by loosening the pinch bolts and rotating it around on the clip on until you find a good spot. You can also adjust the distance of the clutch lever to the bar (depending on model) with the numberedwheel adjuster.
adjust the shift lever too...usually done with a threaded rod as the linkage so it moves the lever up or down.

Everything's adjustable on these bikes, which is nice.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

ORIGINAL: ebear

My fingers arent long enough (or so i THOUGHT) to fully disengage the clutch without lifting my palm slightly (I use 4 fingers) I never thought about that it was probably my hand position in relationship to the clutch or the clutch needs to be moved. I've only ridden a total of maybe an hour without gloves prior to getting them. soo.. hopefully wont take to long to fix the problem. Oh and yeah, I knew I should have been manually rolling the throttle back up.. So I guess it's a good thing.. Just wasn't used to it. I also just got boots.. they are so tall in the toe not as easy to shift I should probably adjust the shifter up some to.
Yeah, it'll take some getting used to. Just make sure to always wear your gear...and for the msf course too.
You may want to adjust the clutch, as you said, by loosening the pinch bolts and rotating it around on the clip on until you find a good spot. You can also adjust the distance of the clutch lever to the bar (depending on model) with the numberedwheel adjuster.
adjust the shift lever too...usually done with a threaded rod as the linkage so it moves the lever up or down.

Everything's adjustable on these bikes, which is nice.
I know I just havent done it yet. Yeah really need to move the shifter up. I just drove around my neighborhood right now. I didnt stall or get close or have my palm stick. Just adjusted my hand position. And yeah I got boots/jacket/helmet/gloves and I've always been wearing them since I got them.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 PM

I broke mine in while driving my car.Same with the helmet.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:23 PM

^^^ wait you drove your cage with your helemt and gloves on ! that is great !!! i would have loved to seen that while on my bike !!! .. that is great !!! i needed that i haven't laugh that hard all day

Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Analog
Doesn't have to be a bat, just anything smooth and roundthat wont tear up the leather.
dude youre such a gutter brain hahahahahahahaha