Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Looking for glove recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for glove recommendation

I am in need of some new gloves and was going to get some Icon Merc Short gloves then they sold out on every site I trust.

I am looking to spend around 50 bucks, for something with reinforced knuckles and prefer leather. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I am currently thinking maybe Cortech Accelerator series 2, but I have no experience with cortech.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sportbiketrackgear has a couple at that price range.

I have some new Teknic's and really like them. There are some video reviews on the site to help you decide, though.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i like my shift gloves...

Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 PM

Looked at those shift gloves online, but the black looks kind of grey, not sure if it is really that way or not, but I have nowhere to look in person

Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM

why not the Icon Pursuit. They make them in Leather and Perforated Leather, various different colors. $55.00 on Ebay, Motorcyclesuperstore.com, and most sites. I am looking at buying the perforated ones, and u were initially looking for Icon Merc's, so i just thought about these.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
why not the Icon Pursuit. They make them in Leather and Perforated Leather, various different colors. $55.00 on Ebay, Motorcyclesuperstore.com, and most sites. I am looking at buying the perforated ones, and u were initially looking for Icon Merc's, so i just thought about these.
The icon pursuits perforated were actually my original choice before the pursuits, but the more I looked at them the less I liked them lol

Old 07-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Motorcycle gear.com is doin a closeout on last year's Speed & Strength gloves. I just picked up a set of twist of fate sx gloves as an alternative to my gauntlets. Best of all... $25

Old 07-27-2011, 07:49 AM

These are AWESOME gloves.

REV'IT! Dirt Gloves - RevZilla

Ventilate great. nice armoring.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:06 AM
MZ5

Interested in deer or elk skin? Aerostitch has some gloves like that in the $50-70 range. Best price I can think of on genuine protective gloves is the ADVrider group buy on HighVelocityGear gloves. They're about $90, IIRC, but it'll be a while before you have them in hand. HighVelocityGear gloves are the only ones available in N. America that have actually passed the CE certification testing for abrasion resistance, seam strength, burst strength, and puncture resistance.

Another option might be something from Komodogear. A little closer to your price range, and haven't been CE tested (that I know of?), but should be built better, for the money, than most or all of the 'name' brands.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:39 PM

Does anyone know the quality of Cortech products, or specifically gloves? I have always thought of them as the "cheap" brand, idk why though :/

Also, Shift Fury gloves look decent too, but the Cortech Accelerator Series 2 look a bit more sturdy and like they would hold up better if put to the test.

Quick Reply: Looking for glove recommendation