Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Looking for glove recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now that you said that

Originally Posted by Tremar
The icon pursuits perforated were actually my original choice before the pursuits, but the more I looked at them the less I liked them lol
I have been looking at a lot of short cuff gloves, and the more i look around, the less I like the Icon Pursuit Perf's(I know i said look at em). If the leather was kind of dull i might like it more, but I saw them reviewed on a website and the leather is glossy. Looks like an old rich ladies glove.

Still looking else where now..

Old 07-30-2011, 06:59 PM

For 20$ more, you could look at these.. I have a 50$-ish budget too, but the more i look at these...

*Pic will take you to item*

Old 07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Default Alpinestar's SMX Air Carbon 2

Susa I saw those over at Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla . I am going to ride up to Revzilla(Philadelphia, PA) on Tuesday and try them out as none of the motorcycle stores around me have any gloves worth anything. I will post what they are like. Either way I am buying a pair of gloves, just don't know which ones. They offer Free Shipping on orders over $39.99. You should check them out. I wont use MotorcycleSuperStore anymore.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Susa I wont use MotorcycleSuperStore anymore.
Bad experience with them? I've bought from 3 different sites, and so far motorcycle superstore was the quickest/easiest so far. Kneedraggers, their site said the item i was getting was in stock and ready to ship, but it wasn't. Ended up waiting 4 weeks for my item(which they backordered), in which the whole time, their site still remained to say the item was in stock. Also, they said they shipped my order via UPS, but i got the item via USPS. Their customer service was OK i suppose. And then SuperbikeToystore, i picked them cause their warehouse is close to me i figured, it would be a quick and easy purchase. Not the case, took them 4 whole days just to charge my card, and then another 3 to ship the item from just a couple hundred miles away. They also said they shipped via UPS, and i got the item via USPS. I might give Revzilla a try. I've got a hefty shopping cart.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 AM

Name:  alpinestars_smx-2_air_carbon_gloves_.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  37.9 KB

Alpine star SMX-2. Nuff said!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're getting a lot of A* stuff, Susa, check out sportbiketrackgear. If you email then, they give you 10% off. Not much for one pair of gloves, but if you're getting other stuff too it could be worth it.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 AM
October 2011 ROTM

I originally ordered the Joe Rocket Honda gloves from Kneedraggers but then got a phone call saying they were out of stock and could offer my the Joe Rocket Supermoto 2.0 gloves for the same price. After a little researched I agreed and they just arrived in the mail. I have not rode with them yet so I can't comment on the comfort of them yet but my fist impression is that I wish I would have went with the Alpine star SMX-2 glove. There are certain things that I do really like about the supermoto 2.0 like carbon fiber protector on the palm and the padding around the wrist but there are certain things that I don't like like the lack of protection on the top of the hand and while it does have knuckle protectors I wish it would be one continuous piece like on the Alpinestars. I also wish the fit would be a little bit better. I got XL because that is what my last pair of gloves were and they fit great but this is just a little loose, wish it was a tad more snug. I'll try to remember to update on the comfort and whatnot as I ride with them.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:06 PM

That's what i have no is Joe Rocket phoenix 4.0 i think is the name. And within 3 weeks, the seam on my right glove thumb, is busted open, and now about 6 weeks in the backside of the thumb is busting open. And, Vegas_rebel, email them saying what? Give me 10% off? I believe that's the only A* item in my cart at the moment. It's mostly bike stuff, not gear.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Susa: On their site they emphasize "For BEST service, email..." on their A* stuff. I think they're not allowed to market below a certain cost on their website, so they encourage you to email them for the "secret" discount code. But $6 or whatever isn't that much.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Thumbs up Update

I went to the CycleGear in Bear, DE and bought the A* SMX-2 AC gloves. I would rate them 5 stars for warm weather riding. I have already put about 750 miles on them (560 in two days) and they broke in nice. I wear a Large and a Large fit well. Got them for $69.99. First ride I got rained on, so as far as rain protection, 1 Star, they were SOAKED, AirFlow is AWESOME!!!! but helped to "break them in" and they are perfect. Pinky kind of rubs funny at first, like my other gloves(maybe it is my pinky), but for my first pair of A* gloves, I would recommend them.

Quick Reply: Looking for glove recommendation