Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

glove sizing

Old 11-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glove sizing

Anyone know what gloves run about the same size as icon. i have a pair of the icon 29ers i been using for two seasons and they have about bit the dust. I wear a size large in icon and was wondering what other gloves run about this size.

I ordered a pair of the new Speed and Strength gloves size large last week and they fit way too loose. Looking for a glove that fits semi snug, the icons i have now fit perfect in finger length and everything. May order a pair of the icon brand winter gloves....just wondering if anyone had experience with multiple styles of the icon and fit differences if any.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 AM

I tried Alpinestars and they were big, Joe Rocket is tight. I wear a large also. My Icon 29ers fit nice. Been trying to find a decent pair for cooler weather also. I kind of like the Icon fit, so I may stay with that brand for gloves.

The other problem I had was the seams, in the pocket between the thumb and index finger. Some reason when I rode with the Joe Rocket gloves, the seam there always hit a nerve and would make my index finger go numb for a second. I probably need a different set of grips, but I try to find gloves with as little of a seam there as possible.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Default numbers

Check the inside tag for a number that goes with the large, or small etc.. for example i belive medium is covered by 7 8 9. large may be 9 10 etc.. i kno the mechanics gloves have the numbers inside. this could help you get the right for you. hope this helps

Old 11-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Check the inside tag for a number that goes with the large, or small etc.. for example i belive medium is covered by 7 8 9. large may be 9 10 etc.. i kno the mechanics gloves have the numbers inside. this could help you get the right for you. hope this helps

large is a size 10, both the icon and SS showed this size. But SS is way bigger than the icon so i don't trust those numbers too much anymore.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Avi

Originally Posted by nepa_jim
I tried Alpinestars and they were big, Joe Rocket is tight. I wear a large also. My Icon 29ers fit nice. Been trying to find a decent pair for cooler weather also. I kind of like the Icon fit, so I may stay with that brand for gloves.

That's odd. My experience with both is exactly the opposite. the A* run snug, and the joe rocket are loose.

anyway, other gloves I have used is the fieldsheer (circuit glove) which is the same as ICON (short merc), and a firstgear glove which was very snug.

I also have a spidi glove which nice and snug, but for me at least the pinkie is a little short...

last one, teknic makes nice gloves, at least a couple of years ago, but they are for stubby hands, and not narrow long ones.

personally, I recommend Fieldsheer, these are the best bang for the buck!