Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Glove problems :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glove problems :(

I didn't have gloves until right before my last time out (only gone out 4-5 times slow just around my neighborhood) Well I got gloves now and they stick to the handlebar. Like if im trying to let out the clutch ill get to a point where I cant let out the clutch anymore because thepalm of the glove isgripping to the handlebar.. if that makes sense. Same thing sorta happens on the throttle. When I try to roll off the throttle the throttle wont slip through my palm it will stick to the gloves. I fixed the throttle problem just by actually rolling my hand up instead of just lett the throttle slip through my palm. BUT The palm sticking to the bar was causing my to stall out because I couldnt let the clutch out anymore and when I adjusted my hand to let it out more it would slip and i'd stall. Once I took off the gloves I could shift and clutch "perfectly." Is this because the gloves arent broken in.. or am I just not used to using them? [/align]

Old 04-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Default RE: Glove problems :(

i had a sim problem with my new gloves first are the leather in the plam . if so that is what is catching and with time they will break in and feel better and second always wear your gloves i ratther stall than never be able to bend my finger again i just had a buddy crash with no gloves on and it was only a 10 mph crash. he stoped himself with his hands and lets just say he won't be getin stinky finger for a long while !

Old 04-26-2007, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: mkhaynesaz

i had a sim problem with my new gloves first are the leather in the plam . if so that is what is catching and with time they will break in and feel better and second always wear your gloves i ratther stall than never be able to bend my finger again i just had a buddy crash with no gloves on and it was only a 10 mph crash. he stoped himself with his hands and lets just say he won't be getin stinky finger for a long while !
I only took them off for a few moments to make sure that was what was making me suck I guess ill break them in.. I just didnt want to bring them to MSF and have the problem while im trying to learn.. I guess i'll try to break them in by saturday or bring some different gloves

Thanks.. Yes they are leather palmed. Good to know

Old 04-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

which gloves did you get anyways ? and yea i never ride without my gloves ever! my hands are WAY too important to me. especially with my wife being deaf its how we communicate. so if somethign were to happen it wouldnt be good. but yea just think of it like a baseball glove or new shoes, they just need to be broken in untill you get comfortable with them. and good job on taking the msf course .

Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM

A wood baseball bat works good for breaking em in (no notfor smashing ). Just to sit there and grip the bat and work the gloves a bit. Doesn't have to be a bat, just anything smooth and roundthat wont tear up the leather.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:56 PM

It has nothing to do with the gloves. You've already picked up some bad habits. Your hands should stay fixed in relation to the grips. You shouldn't slip the throttle out for roll off...should be doing that with your wrist. Also, clutch is controled by your fingers, not the whole wrist, so that shouldn't rotate around either in relation to the grip.
It'll take some getting used to, but you've picked up lazy habits from not wearing gloves.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

It has nothing to do with the gloves. You've already picked up some bad habits. Your hands should stay fixed in relation to the grips. You shouldn't slip the throttle out for roll off...should be doing that with your wrist. Also, clutch is controled by your fingers, not the whole wrist, so that shouldn't rotate around either in relation to the grip.
It'll take some getting used to, but you've picked up lazy habits from not wearing gloves.
My fingers arent long enough (or so i THOUGHT) to fully disengage the clutch without lifting my palm slightly (I use 4 fingers) I never thought about that it was probably my hand position in relationship to the clutch or the clutch needs to be moved. I've only ridden a total of maybe an hour without gloves prior to getting them. soo.. hopefully wont take to long to fix the problem. Oh and yeah, I knew I should have been manually rolling the throttle back up.. So I guess it's a good thing.. Just wasn't used to it. I also just got boots.. they are so tall in the toe not as easy to shift I should probably adjust the shifter up some to.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:25 PM

Now the question is, Should I wear these gloves to MSF? or should I wear some crappy slicker gloves and just worry about my bad habbit after I do the class so im not worrying about it? Im probably just going to suck it up and wear my gloves. (Icon Hooligan 2's to whoever asked)

Old 04-26-2007, 06:47 PM

when is it?if you got a couple days then just wear them when ever you can and like they said hold a bat or what ever you want ! mine broke in over a couple days. at a light play with them adjust them how you want them and before you know it they will be all broke in but the sticky should only last a day or two with you ridding .. and i am glad you are wearning them now ! if they are a real pain buy dirt bike gloves ! i used them for a mth before i got my good ones !

Old 04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could also be the grips on the bike in conjunction with the leather palms, i know mine are a little sticky when i try to let go of the bars, and its my grips fault. as for riding without gloves, i feel naked when i grip the bars without them.

Quick Reply: Glove problems :(