Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Went down today

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went down today

So today the weather was a little cloudy no rain or anything my clutch lever came in so i went to pick that up and went to my buddys house to put it on with my rear brake pads. It took maybe 30 min to put it all on i went for a quick ride infront of his house and my buddy took it out everything was perfect new chain on a couple of days ago with oil change felt real smooth. So we decided to go to my other buddys house maybe 10-15 min away starts off really curvey andi was going slow. trying to get used to the bike on curves my buddy going 50-55 i was going 35-45 get to the bottom of the hill at a stop sign and take off everything is fine. Im in 3rd gear maybe 50 mph a little bend coming up so i started to slow down. My buddy is in front of me he took the bend around 55 and i was going around 45 or so and seen a hill in front of me trying to turn i could not tryed slowing down so i was going 30-35 stared to lean hard and could not move. End up going on the gravel before the ditch and last thing i remember was slaming on my brakes and almost puting my foot down next thing i know im in the air closed my eyes and trying not to feel the landing opened my eyes again i see the sky closed my eyes again but i could feel my helmet smacking the ground and me rolling so i rolled maybe a couple of times more and stopped. So after i stopped i open my eyes again and seen how far my buddy was then i heard his bike coming closer to my position. Trying to get up but could not leg was killing me but i could still move got up after another min or so after a bystander asked if he should call 911 i said no and got up seen my bike laying on the ground with oil around it. So after taking off my helmet so i could breath alittle better took off what was left of my jacket (ripped to ****) My knee was still hurting looked down and seen my pants were ripped by my knee so i ripped it more to see a **** ton of blood. After my buddy seen i was somewhat ok he said he was going to go get his truck for the bike could not been ridden backbStator cover had a crack on it, handle bar was bent and shifter peg was broken off. So yea i was wearing all my gear and still hurt like hell but not as much as if i was not. Sorry for the long post but figured i would share. Still trying to figure out what went wrong but i just have no clue. I will get pics up of the damage as soon as my phone stops acting all retarded.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Went down today

hope you're ok man, thank God for gear...i went down a while ago 2...its gonna hurt tommorow...hope you heal up soon, and hope you get your bike fixed soon too

Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 AM

paragraphs are your friend.

glad you weren't seriously hurt though.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:41 AM

going down is the worst my throttle stuck on once in a turn and it scared the hell out of me and I was in a neighborhood and went into a yard about 30mph and all I could think about was my bike I dumped it so I didn't hit a house but the next day it will hurt more. Anyway thank god you are all right and it's easy or people to say oh you should have turned it off and pulled the brakes I did hit brakes but hindsight is always 20/20. Everyone makes mistakes and it won't be our last one.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:46 AM

Sux i know what you went thru heal up soon bro any road rash by the way?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:46 AM

Stuff happens, buddy. Sorry you went down. That sucks!! Could've been worse though. Glad you're not worse =)

Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 AM
Retired Moderator

Also glad you are okay...didn't you just get this bike? So Sorry!

Old 04-26-2007, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: joey v

paragraphs are your friend.
yea i failed english in all grades.

Got some rash on my knee pretty good. Yea im not sure if im looking for tomorrow i already told my boss i will not be in. I think i bruised my tailbone hurts like hell. Yea i just got the bike maybe 2 weeks ago.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:29 AM

If this is your first crash don`t let it discourage you from getting back on the bike dude keep riding.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

Hopefully it doesn't discourage you because it wasn't the bikes fault, it was your mistake. Lemme explain...

You tried to lean and the bike did nothing. Because you didn't use countersteer. Countersteer and target fixation (looking where you don't want to go will make you go there-look where you want to go) are both fundamental knowledgeof safe riding.

I'm not gonna explain what exactly they are because you owe it to yourself to do some reading in your downtime - there is plenty of material available on the net, "Twist Of The Wrist" volume 1 & 2 is a great place to start.

The important thing is your safe and alive - now focus on studying that bike so when you get back on hopefully you don't make the same mistakes.

Good luck to you, glad you're okay. Too many of these threadsman.

Quick Reply: Went down today