Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girls who ride...what do you think about them?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Girls who ride...what do you think about them?

look all there is nothing wrong if a girl is riding cuz she is trying to look hotter than what she is ... personaly i love hot chicks that rides somthing about them just u cant resist ... ohhhhhhhhhh 2 thumbs up to all of them [sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 02:55 PM

and the dry leg humping begins....

Old 12-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Mad

ORIGINAL: Grlzridet0o69

Stick to riding your buddies...i mean riding with your buddies. . . I dont ride to be hot, i ride cause i enjoy it,i could care less what a guy thinks about me or what i look like doing what i love to do. I ride a 660 Raptor too, i love anything fast and fun. You dont have to be a guy to love that stuff.
Funny!! Weak but funny.. Don't be mad!!! Relax and go riding. Just don't do it mad. I never said girls shouldn't ride.
So to recap. I don't ride with girls because:

1. There are none.
2. I ride to relax with my friends and have a good time.

It has nothing to do with me being sexist and thinking women don't deserve to ride. I don't think that I insinuated that so lets act like a big girl... OK? I am sorry I hurt your feelings.

Old 12-18-2006, 04:55 PM

There isn't a doubt in my mind that some girls can ride extremely well, better than a lot ofguys do. There's a couple or so on here, like pitsvtec, rocket girl and others I'm sure. I think I remember seeing pics of them riding in the canyons or somewhere.
Point I was trying to make are the poser or squid types. Just like guys. They're always the ones wearing pink helmets and jacketsthat scream"hey look at me, I'm a girl who rides!" and want everyone to know it.
The ones who pose in gear, or next to bikes and plaster those photos everywhere are the worst. I'd never ride with them. Ever. I have zero respect for them as riders.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:30 PM

I know that this question was posed mainly towards the men on the forum as a way to get feedback for an article in a magazine. I think that you will find the majority of guys tend to think that chicks on bikes are “hot” whether or not they can actually ride the bike. Men are visual creatures and like the look of a pretty girl on a bike and more often than not have ideas that “whoa, man, she’d be fun to get in the sack”. C’mon guys, you can admit it.

Unfortunately,a lot of the new female riders out there do so simply for the “sex appeal” and attention it gives them. Those girls are not ones that I would enjoy sharing the road with. The few women that I have ridden with are decent riders and I haven’t been concerned about my welfare when riding with them. I do however take precautions when riding with ANY riders with whom I’ve not ridden with before. Such as staying in the back for a while to determine each persons skill set and riding style.

I have owned a sport bike for over 17 years. I do the majority of work and mods on my bike and I enjoy it! I enjoy riding with or without anyone. Of course it’s always more fun to have someone to ride with as you can have a little fun (where appropriate) and talk shop about bikes on the breaks. I just plain like to ride and do so as much as possible. (15k miles this year)

I believe that if riding a sport bike is something that you really love and enjoy doing, then taking the time to become a good rider and doing it the best you can is what it’s all about. It doesn’t really matter whether or not you’re a male or a female.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Retired Moderator

I can imagethat if I were a female rider, riding for the pure pleasure if riding, I would get a huge chip on my shoulder judging by many of the comments. Don't get me wrong, I think they are funny, but I would imagine it would get old being underestimated all the time.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tahoe rides, but he's not a chick but he is a lesbian.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL

Unfortunately,a lot of the new female riders out there do so simply for the “sex appeal” and attention it gives them. Those girls are not ones that I would enjoy sharing the road with.
Exactly the point I was trying to make. I have zero respect for these kinds of female riders.
It reminds me of that one pic posted on here a long time ago. It was a girl wearing pink chaps, pink jacket, and a pink helmet on a yellow gixxer I think. No problem. But, she was sporting a thong on the ***-less chaps she had on. That just screams for attention.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
TEN

Such hostilties. why do people go to clubs with some of the clothes they have on? Why do people roll around with 4 15 inch subs sitting right behind there heads powered by something that could light up a small country town?I am sure they can hear the radio just fine with smaller speakers. Why do some people buy DVD players for every seat in there car? Why do some people spend 25K to "pimp" a 5K honda civic? Why do people wear sunglasses in dark room? One reason.....ATTENTION. face it, people do stupid sh*t just for attention. If someone wants to spend the time to go out and ride, hell let them do it. I have seen just as many male "posers" as females....actually maybe more. Everytime i see someone ride down the road with basketball shorts, sandals, no shirt and no helmetI cringe. Why do they do it, attention. It doesn't matter if they are guy or a girl....everyone who has ever ridden on a motorcycle, especially one of the caliber some of us have, knows the adrenalin rush of it.Weather you are out to try to get some attention or not, you eventually fall helplessly addicted to that adrenalin rush.If someone wants to ride...teach them how to ride safe and let them have theirrush.Remember were you started....

Old 12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I can imagethat if I were a female rider, riding for the pure pleasure if riding, I would get a huge chip on my shoulder judging by many of the comments. Don't get me wrong, I think they are funny, but I would imagine it would get old being underestimated all the time.
Not really. Women who are secure in themselves and their riding abilities tend to not be concerned
about what others think of their activities. Unfortunately, in traditionally male-dominated sports, when women start to infiltrate the field/lifestyle/etc., there will always be those that feel threatened and react
by trying to define what a woman should and shouldn't be. Unfortunately again, the first place that said
insecure individual strikes first is a woman's sexuality. It's pretty old hat; if she is athletic/joins the military/
or excels in anything that is male-dominated, the first thought is she must be a lesbian because "real" women wouldn't be so aggressive. Some women in turn react by modifying their behavior to be more feminine so as to deflect the accusing male's perception that she's a lesbian. Again, most of these reactions come from insecure folks on both sides of the fence, male and female, but are basically a minority reaction. The vast majority of women don't care what others, male or female, think of their activities. I mean seriously, would you care what some guy/gal thought of you if he/she doesn't contribute one iota to your hobby (pays your bike note, insurance, etc.)?

The Internet is a vast place where you can be whoever and whatever you want to be. It also gives carte blanche to folks I don't consider particularly brave to say whatever they please since the chances of reaping the consequences of virtual disrespectis pretty slim. Why give anyone that kind of power over you that you'd actually entertain their limited thought process?

After a time, we all grow upand accept and respect each other for who we are, and don't rely on our basest human instinct to put each other down.

Ride safe.

~Steph

Quick Reply: Girls who ride...what do you think about them?