Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finally got my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got my exhaust

hey everyone just wanted to share that today my Yoshi Slip on finally arrived ! so you know i had to put that on right away . took me about 10 minutes for tear down and install , fired it up and WOW it was loud as hell . went to take it out for a spin as soon as i pull out of my drive way there is a cop @ the corner just sitting . so i go the other way and then back track .. get going down the road and open her up and i was really happy. my bike felt alot smoother and the rpms reved alot easier.. no proof but thats how it felt to me haha anyways just wanted to share my happiness with the people i know will most enjoy it with me (because i know my neighbors wont !!! hahaha) Name:  edit1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  26.2 KB

Old 08-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Default RE: finally got my exhaust

Congrats on the new pipe, it looks great! Be careful out there!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:21 AM
oNi

Grats on the pipe, looks pretty sweet.

I do have a ? though, did you get just the canister or the mid-pipe and canister with it? I just bought a yoshi pipe from sup_uni and it dawned on me that the mid-pipe on my bike came as a whole set with the D&D canister and the mid-pipe together and the guy I bought my bike from didn't have the OEM mid-pipe so I am curious as to how the yoshi-pipe will fit onto the mid-pipe that came from D&D?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Mad

Looks sweet brother. I can't wait until I get mine. I've gotta wait a couple more weeks...

Old 08-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

mid pipe came with it .. im thinking about getting it painted black though.. i love teh way it sounds but ive noticed some cops already tonight lookign @ me even more
ORIGINAL: oNi

Grats on the pipe, looks pretty sweet.

I do have a ? though, did you get just the canister or the mid-pipe and canister with it? I just bought a yoshi pipe from sup_uni and it dawned on me that the mid-pipe on my bike came as a whole set with the D&D canister and the mid-pipe together and the guy I bought my bike from didn't have the OEM mid-pipe so I am curious as to how the yoshi-pipe will fit onto the mid-pipe that came from D&D?

Old 08-30-2006, 01:56 AM

Gratz on the Yoshi pipe!
I have an RS-3 Yoshi pipe and yes...they are loud, but MmMmm <Drools> if I'm not mistaken you can get an instert/end cap for them that tones the sound down, but to me that just isn't for me. They are only loud when you rap'em out in my experience. Besides my dad raised me to believe "Loud Pipes save lives" I have used mine as a horn a few times and it worked really well on the freeway. (Some idiot start making a lange change right into you FWOP! and they all of a sudden start paying attention. LOL
Looks good, I plan on using my dremmel tool to grind off the "Not for road use" msg on mine and then re-paint over that part.