Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Final settlement for F2

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 10:58 AM
Default RE: Final settlement for F2

ORIGINAL: fuze

Schweeet !! 2 bikes is better then 1. Which one will see trackdays ?
The F2 needs a new ACCT pretty quickly, as well as the other parts, and it will be my non $100 a week
in gas ride to work for a few months. Like it has been for the past 12 months.

Then I'll teach my kid how to ride, what to do and
what not to do.

Like not trust any drivers out there at all.

Example:

Someone signaling may have had that blinker on for the last 10 miles, so don't trust that as an ok to just
pull on out. Wait until they are well into truly turning, then look again for any new
traffic, then pull out and go...if there is not another car, bike, tricycle or 100 also with turn signals or usually not one on
at all.

When you signal, you let other people know where you are going most of the time.

It makes people more relaxed, thus more aware, thus more safe.

(Better drivers all around if it were common practice.)

You know, survival stuff like that. And the other million things similar to that.

Then he'll take an MSF class or nine, or somethng similar, then get his Class M license.

Then when I am absolutely sure he's as aware as can possibly be, he'll be off on his own.

As for me...the plan is.

The 600RR will be the track day bike

Then I have a gas guzzling old, many miled hooptie now for wet weather.

I'll pick something up for day to day riding...maybe just a straight up standard, nerd bike.

I'm not wearing out a low mile sport bike just so I can make money, so I can wear it out twice as quick.

Think that is called a hobby, or smart, or at least an idea.

Thanks...

Now, if we could, I'd like to see this thread die it's nice slow death.

From the time the kid hit the F2, until yesterday when it was made right...I've been in my head enough.

Actually overall, things worked out to be better than they started out.

Here is an idea...(rolls eyes)

Think I'll go out and park a bike in the wide open and hope another zombie driver smacks into it?

I would go ahead and put the house on it that I don't.

Third time someone has run into my "you'd have to be blind not to see it" is hopefully the charm that works.

Now, that is all...thanks...you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Be safe, drive careful, look for
things that appear right in your face...

Goodnight.

*Elvis...hell everyone has left this building.*

Old 12-27-2007 | 11:06 AM

good to hear it worked out ok...hopefully they dont raise ur rates too though, i was sideswiped by a lady who wasn't paying any attention in may 06 and i have a "not at fault accident" on my record accompanied by increased insurance rates. which is bs

Old 12-27-2007 | 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: jutsin

good to hear it worked out ok...hopefully they dont raise ur rates too though, i was sideswiped by a lady who wasn't paying any attention in may 06 and i have a "not at fault accident" on my record accompanied by increased insurance rates. which is bs
NOW BEFORE YOU READ THIS...SEE MY SIG.

Actually Dairyland just increased my coverage, no charge.

I'm sure they know about the accident, as I went in the other day and insured the 600 RR.

I never officially reported this whole thing to my co. personally.

Why?

Because it was not my fault, and in my mind, no one's problem but the crash-or and his side of the fence.

If that flies in the face of logic, or what should happen, or whatver your mind can dram up I would be neither surprised or amused.

NOW, BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN, AND THAT MEANS ANYONE, READ MY SIG.

DIE THREAD!!!!!!!!

DIE THOUGHTS OF UNPLEASANTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2007 | 03:33 PM

Glad to hear your happy. So the bike now has a salvage title? It's not big deal if your going to keep it for your son.