Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

Ok some points are valid...like getting the plate...but do you know how close you have to be on a cars *** to get the plate at night...about 3 cars...and a bikes plate is even smaller...factor in the speed of the typical bike flyby cop...even with video footage...good luck getting the plate
+1, Exactly.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: burk3385

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of heartless a$$holes. This guy nor girl deserved this. While it was stupid to run i agree that cops should not chase bikers that dont stop. That increases the risk alot more then a biker speeding at 12:30 at night. He was risking alot running but the same time the cop definately increased the risk of the situation. R.I.P the the two riders.
And what about the heartless ******* who ran from the cops, killing his innocent 20-year old passenger?

The cop didn't increase any risk. The decision to run was solely on the shoulders of the rider. THE RIDER decided to increase the risk, NOT the officer. Don't you EVER even think about blaming police officers for chasing riders who don't stop. Both the riders would STILL be alive if the jackass would have just pulled over and taken his punishment like a man.
Fox, you always have the right thing to say in these instances. Rip the 2 riders, especially the innocent passenger. Who the F runs when you have a girl on the back? Damn...Rip

Old 06-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: thegreenbandit

No one ever thinks about adrenaline or fight or flight response. Every one keeps arguing about the logic of it. But maybe there wasn't any logic involved at all. He might have simply gotten freaked out and ran. That's still no excuse, if he was still alive he would be guilty of manslaughter. But to say he deserved it is pretty cold. You can't say what his future was going to be like, that he would be a repeat offender etc. Because his futures over!
What I don't understand, is why police don't let riders go when there grossly exceeding the limit. Write down the bikes plate. Then look up the riders address. And sting them at their home. Then confiscate the bike untill the court date? Cruisers have video proof, there should be a more civil way.

I'm sorry, but to have that much of an overload to loose your ability to logically think and "freak out and run" because you were caught speeding is BS. If you freak out that much from getting pulled over, you have bigger mental problems than getting a speeding ticket. That excuse sounds like something lawyers would use trying to get their defendants out of a ticket or jail time. And really that's all it is, and excuse. If you have mental incapacities that you "freak out" when you are about to be pulled over for doing excessive speed, you should not be on that bike........or even have a license to operate a motor vehicle.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:16 AM

Your right, you shouldn't be operating any vehicle if you can't control your emotions. But to say that people are bad enough, to die cause they ran from the law? I was talking to my friend the other day, and he was talking about how he had a BSA. He was riding with no licence, when he got into a police chase at 12 am and didn't wanna stop cause he didn't want to goto jail. After a15 min chase the cop let him get away. By some of your guys logic, he should die in a horrible crash or something. But the truth is, he sold the bike a month later. He's now a extremly successful denturist, with a wife 4 kids and a volvo. The point is, every one when there young does stupid stuff now and then. It's the choices you make after what really matters, if your still around to make them.\
A sherif unfairly chased my dad half way across texas back in the early 70's once. In speeds of excess of 100 mph. I really belive if he caught my dad he would have killed him. So the laws not infalible either.

Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 AM

I think Fox's point was when you choose to run, it's YOUR choice to put your life on the line. Not the police officers, not anyone else's....yours. When you die, you have no one to blame but yourself. Thepolice officeris just doing his job, if you would have pulled over and faced the punishment like a man, you wouldn't be dead right now.

The whole argument of "Well he shouldn't chase me cuz it's endangering society" is bull****. It's your choice that endangers society. Man up and stop trying to shove blame around.

I got pulled over the other day and I could have ran. In MD currently you can't ride alone if you have your permit. I knew this, but decided to anyway. I willfully chose to break this law, and got pulled over for a tag placement infraction. Long story short, I got off with a warning, but it could have turned out bad for me. But I still decided to man up and take the punishment whatever it may have been. There is no excuse for deciding to run, absolutely none whatsoever. /rant

Old 06-03-2008, 04:32 AM

Never put a passenger at risk.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 AM
Retired Moderator

Your right, you shouldn't be operating any vehicle if you can't control your emotions. But to say that people are bad enough, to die cause they ran from the law? I was talking to my friend the other day, and he was talking about how he had a BSA. He was riding with no licence, when he got into a police chase at 12 am and didn't wanna stop cause he didn't want to goto jail. After a 15 min chase the cop let him get away. By some of your guys logic, he should die in a horrible crash or something. But the truth is, he sold the bike a month later. He's now a extremly successful denturist, with a wife 4 kids and a volvo. The point is, every one when there young does stupid stuff now and then. It's the choices you make after what really matters, if your still around to make them.\
A sherif unfairly chased my dad half way across texas back in the early 70's once. In speeds of excess of 100 mph. I really belive if he caught my dad he would have killed him. So the laws not infalible either.
I never said any of that. And I don't think anyone else said that "whoever runs deserves to die". I'm pretty sure I read the posts implying is that if a rider dies in a fatal accident as a result of him running from the police (which was the riders decision), the riders death was a direct result of him running from the officers.

And your friend who ran from the police because he was riding without a license is a MORON for making the decision to ride without one to begin with. Then became a bigger MORON for running from the police when he might have just gotten off with a warning. But no, he made his OWN selfish decision to put himself and other people traveling the same roads in a potentially fatal situation because he selfishly "didn't want to go to jail." (another excuse by the way) The officer wouldn't have even had to pursue if your moron of a friend if he would have just pulled over.

And no, it's not about the decisions we make after the matter, (yet ANOTHER excuse). It's about the decisions we make NOW. The two people who were killed in the accident for which this thread was created cannot make another decision AFTER because they are DEAD from the decision they made THEN.

So yes. If your whole argument is "no one deserves to die as a result in running from the police". Yes, your right. But if someone DOES end up dying as a result of running from the police, there is no one else to blame but the person who put themselves in that position from not pulling over.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Your right, you shouldn't be operating any vehicle if you can't control your emotions. But to say that people are bad enough, to die cause they ran from the law? I was talking to my friend the other day, and he was talking about how he had a BSA. He was riding with no licence, when he got into a police chase at 12 am and didn't wanna stop cause he didn't want to goto jail. After a 15 min chase the cop let him get away. By some of your guys logic, he should die in a horrible crash or something. But the truth is, he sold the bike a month later. He's now a extremly successful denturist, with a wife 4 kids and a volvo. The point is, every one when there young does stupid stuff now and then. It's the choices you make after what really matters, if your still around to make them.\
I never said any of that. And I don't think anyone else said that "whoever runs deserves to die". I'm pretty sure I read the posts implying is that if a rider dies in a fatal accident as a result of him running from the police (which was the riders decision), the riders death was a direct result of him running from the officers.

And your friend who ran from the police because he was riding without a license is a MORON for making the decision to ride without one to begin with. Then became a bigger MORON for running from the police when he might have just gotten off with a warning. But no, he made his OWN selfish decision to put himself and other people traveling the same roads in a potentially fatal situation because he selfishly "didn't want to go to jail." (another excuse by the way) The officer wouldn't have even had to pursue if your moron of a friend if he would have just pulled over.

And no, it's not about the decisions we make after the matter, (yet ANOTHER excuse). It's about the decisions we make NOW. The two people who were killed in the accident for which this thread was created cannot make another decision AFTER because they are DEAD from the decision they made THEN.

So yes. If your whole argument is "no one deserves to die as a result in running from the police". Yes, your right. But if someone DOES end up dying as a result of running from the police, there is no one else to blame but the person who put themselves in that position from not pulling over.
I was the one who said the word "deserve". I also said if you run and something happens, you got what you deserve. I'm not saying that I wish runners would all die, but if a runner dies, thenI will not shed one single tear for them.

The whole debate about cops not chasing runners is absoluetly dumb. When you register your vehicle or get a license, you agree to follow the laws of the road. if you cannot live up to your greement you don't have any right to even be on the road, so don't be surprised when you get pulled over. And when you speed or run, it is you who made that choice and ALL the resulting actions arising from your actions are your responsibility.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ Amen to that.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered Users

MikeInCtown - EXACTLY....

this argument is stupid and should be stopped....those of you in support of running or blaming the cops...just give it up...there is nothing you can say that will convince those of us that don't agree with you and vice versa...let it die....

i feel bad for the deaths...especially the passenger as she had no control....but HE created the situation, him and him alone....the post KB made with a link to another forum....the EXACT same reactions happened there about running....please...just don't do it....