Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

And as far as that comment about "public school graduates" your saying that a private school student gets a better education? Lets not go there because that sounds like an "I'm better than you" statement and all people are created equal
I think all he was saying was that their arguments were presented at a fourth grade level...I doubt a public vs. private school debate entered his mind when he wrote that.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
April 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of heartless a$$holes. This guy nor girl deserved this. While it was stupid to run i agree that cops should not chase bikers that dont stop. That increases the risk alot more then a biker speeding at 12:30 at night. He was risking alot running but the same time the cop definately increased the risk of the situation. R.I.P the the two riders.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:20 PM

Hey, I love private schools. I mean, right after a few classes we go up into a building and worship a non-existent god and some broad named "The Virgin Mary." Then there are the clothes that we are FORCED to wear to promote the wonderful idea of conformity. I admit, the quality of education is better but you don't get to meet the kind of characters you would in a school provided by tax dollars. I digress...

Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 PM
RCR

I hit 160mph today on a long stretch of freeway. Now if a cop (eventually) caught up to me and hit his lights, what would I do?

I would of stopped knowing the bike was going to be impounded, I was going to jail for the afternoon and the final cost was going to be well over $3,000 to fight the ticket (or reduce charges). I know that is a possibility when I do that.

Now there is a difference between what I was doing and running. I had a clear view of atleast 2 miles and I was in the carpool lane by myself (no traffic ahead of me)with no entrances for merging traffic, traffic was light and if someone did move into my lane I could pass on the right side(about a 5-6' open area). I had complete control. If I ran there is no plan that ends after 1 or 2 miles it will put you in situations that could possibly kill you or others and that is not worth it.

As for the rider, bad choice and he payed the ultimate price. It sucks that it happend and Im sure he wasn't doing an impression of a Kami kozie (sp)pilot. He ran, went past his abilities and died and killed his girlfriend in the proccess. As for the Girl I hate the fact she got caught up in the whole thing and payed with her life without having a choice in the matter.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: burk3385

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of heartless a$$holes. This guy nor girl deserved this. While it was stupid to run i agree that cops should not chase bikers that dont stop. That increases the risk alot more then a biker speeding at 12:30 at night. He was risking alot running but the same time the cop definately increased the risk of the situation. R.I.P the the two riders.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm stop.?.?.? What's the difference of a cop chasing a car that doesnt stop? Nothing. You can die in a car wreck just like in a bike wreck. Its the person behind the controls that makes the decision to live or die.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: burk3385

What makes that different? The only difference from before the chase and after the chase was the cop. He was reported to be speeding and being reckless so who is to say that would not have continued with or without the chase? He died and killed his passenger, yes it ended in a chase but what would you say if it was just a story where there was no cop? I would say the same thing no matter what and that he deserved to get chased by the cop for riding and endangering the lives of others on the road and his passenger. So the fact that a cop was involved does not make a damn difference when he was already being stupid.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

RIP to the 2 deceased. I have a lot of thoughts on all i just read here, i think i will share 2.

1. For all of you saying the cops should not chase, ok, what if they were riding your stolen bike ? Would you still say dont chase them?

2. This type of thing happening, and the attitude of a lot of people about cops is going to be what eventually gets our bikes banned, and you may think i am kidding but guess what. If it becomes that large a problem for cops, changes will eventually happen, and they wont be good for us.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:19 AM

situations like this suck.
man i get nervous with my girl on the back, just because i know im in control of both of us, and i know if i wreck both of us can be seriously hurt, more so than in a car.

i would probably never run from the cops, but with a girl on the back i would DEFINATELY never run.
but i would also not be doing anything that would get mein trouble with a girl on the back, other than maybe speeding but not enough to get wreckless driving. so it woulndnt be worth running anyway.

i feel really bad for the girl and her family, and the guys family.
we all need to think about our family and loved ones that will be hurt if something happens to us, to help us keep a good head on our shoulders.
i know my mom would bedevastated if anything happens to me, which helps keep me from doin ganything too stupid but if i died in a bike wreck, running from the cops, i cant even imagine how my mom, dad, and especially my little brothers would feel.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Registered Users

talk all the **** you want, but avoiding a ticket is not worth this. it can happen to you. it happend to the guy i was riding with last night. duck all that to chase or not to chase. Think about your friends and family. Think about the couple that will be balling their eye's out at the scene of the accident. Think your actions through. Be prepared to deal with the consequenses. and my god those of you who are privileged enough to have a chick like that hop on your bike, ****in put the ***** on a pedistool and make your #1 goal to get her home safe.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:29 AM

I just saw a guy and a girl riding 2 up get chased down 77 on my way home from work. He flew by me doin at least 120....then I saw the statie fly by...its so ****ing stupid to run...is it really worth risking your life to get out of a ticket? Its people like this that give us a bad name and they are part of the reason that the general public views us as reckless and stupid. I don't understand why you would want to risk your own life, let alone someone elses just to avoid a fine...what a shame.