Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

RIP!

Why the F wont people just pull over?!?! Its just not worth it

Old 05-31-2008, 03:25 AM

Not a good story to read...I feel horrible for both and the girl especially. RIP

Old 05-31-2008, 04:37 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

I understand the need to police the roads for stupid drivers/riders...but please please please stop chasing these bikers who do not stop within the first 1/2 mile...your crown vic/charger/yukon/impala is not going to catch that biker and someones life is worth more than some stupid ticket that won't even get the department enough money for new tires on the police cruisers. Two people dead...over some tickets for "REPORTED" speeding/reckless driving...and the girl was 20...just as old as me...didn't even get to live yet...WTF
the police are doing their jobs. it's YOUR resposiblity to be.... RESPOSIBLE!... if you want to put your life in danger, you are also puting others at risk, it's their job to stop you. Plain and simple

RIP im sure she was hot ;( only the good die young.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:39 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

and for the record, when I have a girl on the back of my bike, I dont even worry about "running" because I'v never done anything to be pulled over when im +2 up

Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

and for the record, when I have a girl on the back of my bike, I dont even worry about "running" because I'v never done anything to be pulled over when im +2 up

WORD. There is now way in hell i would do somthing to jeopardize a passanger.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: burk3385

Some of you guys sound like a bunch of heartless a$$holes. This guy nor girl deserved this. While it was stupid to run i agree that cops should not chase bikers that dont stop. That increases the risk alot more then a biker speeding at 12:30 at night. He was risking alot running but the same time the cop definately increased the risk of the situation. R.I.P the the two riders.
And what about the heartless ******* who ran from the cops, killing his innocent 20-year old passenger?

The cop didn't increase any risk. The decision to run was solely on the shoulders of the rider. THE RIDER decided to increase the risk, NOT the officer. Don't you EVER even think about blaming police officers for chasing riders who don't stop. Both the riders would STILL be alive if the jackass would have just pulled over and taken his punishment like a man.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy riding with them speaks up and puts faces to the names of the deceased ...
Link

Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 AM

No one ever thinks about adrenaline or fight or flight response. Every one keeps arguing about the logic of it. But maybe there wasn't any logic involved at all. He might have simply gotten freaked out and ran. That's still no excuse, if he was still alive he would be guilty of manslaughter. But to say he deserved it is pretty cold. You can't say what his future was going to be like, that he would be a repeat offender etc. Because his futures over!
What I don't understand, is why police don't let riders go when there grossly exceeding the limit. Write down the bikes plate. Then look up the riders address. And sting them at their home. Then confiscate the bike untill the court date? Cruisers have video proof, there should be a more civil way.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 AM

Ok some points are valid...like getting the plate...but do you know how close you have to be on a cars *** to get the plate at night...about 3 cars...and a bikes plate is even smaller...factor in the speed of the typical bike flyby cop...even with video footage...good luck getting the plate

Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 AM

i ran once, 2 am 3 miles from my house 35 mph speed limit, saw a hiddensherrif, i was doing 65, he kicked on his lights and i booked it,i hadnt been down that paticular road in a month, well it was under construction, i had it 155 before i saw it, slowed down to 70 when i hit a 7" rise in the road,reflexes from dirtbiking saved me from being splatted against all of the construction equipment, altho it was one of the dummest things ive done, it was also the most exciting, i couldnt sleep that night something about catching air on your crotch rocket causes alot of adrenalin to enter your system lol

that night i decided i would never run again. 2 months later pulled over for criminal speeding with a passenger (another felony) on an unregistered bike, saw the highway patrollmen and just pulled over, he didnt even need to turn on his lights, they let me ride away with a ticket for 84 in a 65 because they said i made the right decision to not risk my life or my passenger's

for any arizona riders watch out for mile marker 234 in payson lol

as far as the police officer being partly responsible, im sure if the cop had crashed at that speed and died the motorcyclist would have been blamed even tho it was the cop that decided to pursue instead of let them be