Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: DON'T Fuggin Run!!!

man we're talking about this same story on GSB lol. Rider was stupid for running, running = STUPID!! No excuses make it right!

RIP n prayers to the families.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is sad. A guy putting his passengers life in danger. Why do they have to run? I do believe it is not the troopers fault, but its the riders. sad...

RIP

Old 05-30-2008, 03:32 PM

Answer this....what has a higher accident risk? Someone just dippin' down the highway at lets say 20 over with a passenger...or someone running from a cop down the highway at probably 2 to 3 times the speed limit? Both are risks....but hell...you could die walking out in front of your house this day in age...everything is a risk...sure the worst case scenario happened...but honestly i could see chasing a car...being in a cage you are less likely to die...but chasing a bike is stupid...the risk of losing a life is too great...and for those of you who say people like that get what they deserved...thats ****ed up...good people don't always make good decisions

Old 05-30-2008, 03:33 PM

I have the same look at this as others, just stop. It is unfortunate but look at the circumstances behind the story. It was 12:30 AM. Conditions were less than ideal for riding due to darkness, and adding the excessive speed not necessarily due to the chase because the rider was already speeding and being a danger on the road there is no way to place blame on the cop pursing him.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

Answer this....what has a higher accident risk? Someone just dippin' down the highway at lets say 20 over with a passenger...or someone running from a cop down the highway at probably 2 to 3 times the speed limit? Both are risks....but hell...you could die walking out in front of your house this day in age...everything is a risk...sure the worst case scenario happened...but honestly i could see chasing a car...being in a cage you are less likely to die...but chasing a bike is stupid...the risk of losing a life is too great...and for those of you who say people like that get what they deserved...thats ****ed up...good people don't always make good decisions
the dumbass on the bike SHOULDNT RUN! period I dont care who you are.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Fug that. You run from the cops and you deserve everything that happens to you, including death.
That's a little harsh Mike. I would never wish death upon anybody, especially for a violation as petty as running from the cops. The sentence simply doesn't match the crime.

Either way, he made the ultimate sacrifice for his decision to run and I feel terrible that he had to act like a jackass with an innocent girl on the back. It's an all around tragedy, so let's please refrain from turning this into a debate and respectfully pay our homage to a fallen comrad.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered Users

i am not necessarily saying he deserved to die....but your argument is that if bikers run, let them be, it's less dangerous....that is a ridiculous argument....why not just say we aren't going to ticket riders....

i can understand, some situations are more risky than others, some speeds etc., but when do you say he's going to fast, 20 over....30, 40, what???

if the cop did something wrong like try to box him or block him, i would agree, but this guy CHOSE to increase like that and take a turn to fast and have this happen (unfortunately the girl did not)....

and you have to seriously question yourself if you think people that run from cops are "good people" who just happen to make "a bad decision".....ask anyone who has run and got away...ask them if they would do it again...yeah....see what their answers are....hate to tell you, but people who run from cops, and at excessive speeds, this isn't their first bad decision...and if they are prone to make "bad decisions" like that, you shouldn't ride a bike like this because you obviously don't have the personal control needed to prevent you killing yourself....

Old 05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Maybe BikeInCtown is speaking a different dialect in his English... but I see nowhere in anything he wrote wishing someone death.

Furthermore just because you can throw a leg over a motorcycle hardly classifies you as, "my comrade."

Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM

I guess it's your own decision whether or not to run... not saying running would be the right one.. but **** if you have a passenger how could it even cross your mind.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: jutsin

I guess it's your own decision whether or not to run... not saying running would be the right one.. but **** if you have a passenger how could it even cross your mind.
Exactly with a passenger thats just insane.

But playful god...you are acting really stupid and failing to realize that when it comes to humans...if it can happen it WILL happen...this isn't some perfect dream world that we live in so stop living inside of your box that you call a mind a realize that everyone is going to make thier own decisions whether they be right or wrong regardless of the situation. I am simply looking at it like this...if i was that cop...saw a passenger...and heard that bike accelerating away from me...i'm not chasing...for the simple fact...i don't want someones death on my mind....thinking "i was doing my job...but what if i didn't chase him" **** that...