Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

converting track back to highway use...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting track back to highway use...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/209404376.html

Anyone have an opinion about his? As some of you know, my F4 was stolen last week and I am now shopping for another bike. I came across this on Craigs List and do not know much about tracks.

Is this something that can be done easily? Would there be damage to the engine?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: converting track back to highway use...

id keep looking if i were you cat... why pay even that much when your going to have to pay more to get everything back to normal.. all the CA emission parts are off (incld cams) its non op so when u go to try and register it what problems might you run accross . not to mention it was a track bike it has probably been abused (even if it was done with love and care its still abused lol) but who am i to say whats what ... good luck

Old 09-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Default RE: converting track back to highway use...

Havoc put it right there on the table... The CA emmisions stuff is a pain in the *** to put back on. The bike sound might get you a noise pollution ticket, and as far as the bike goes 2000+ track miles are like 10k miles of normal use. It was probably ridden very hard and might not have that many miles left on the engine and tranny. Keep looking Cat, if you wait long enough you will find something that you won't regret. Also you might want to ask around these forums or cbrworld and see if they have bikes for sale, chances are they are from owners who know exactly what went into the bike, and really took care of them, and they are selling because they want something bigger.