Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry works

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concealed carry works

I think these quotes speak volumes on the topic and ring as true today as the day they were spoken, in some cases, more than a hundred years ago.

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"the ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone," (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in Federalist Paper #46.)

"To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]

Old 12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned

I think these quotes speak volumes on the topic and ring as true today as the day they were spoken, in some cases, more than a hundred years ago.
Just because a statement is spoken from the heartand with conviction does not make it wise. Good ideas are good ideas until they no longer are good ideas. Those statements may have been good ideas or they may have not, only history will tell.

While I do not disagree with gun ownership, I have a few handguns, I do not feel confident that most gun owners are all that smart. Remember, 1/2 of the people out there are of below average intelligence, I would wager that gun owners follow that same statistic ( http://www.halfsigma.com/2007/04/more_gun_owners.html).

I do not feel comfortable knowing that half of all the people out there with guns have low IQs.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Just because a statement is spoken from the heartand with conviction does not make it wise. Good ideas are good ideas until they no longer are good ideas. Those statements may have been good ideas or they may have not, only history will tell.

While I do not disagree with gun ownership, I have a few handguns, I do not feel confident that most gun owners are all that smart. Remember, 1/2 of the people out there are of below average intelligence, I would wager that gun owners follow that same statistic ( http://www.halfsigma.com/2007/04/more_gun_owners.html).

I do not feel comfortable knowing that half of all the people out there with guns have low IQs.

That sounds a tad bit elitist? I suppose you decide or would like to decide who has the right to self preservation and the ability to exercise a given right. If not, fine.....this isn't a personal attack by any means friend. But we could implement that logic to who drives a car, or better yet as seen every day who bears children. If your not for it, you must be against it. Would you be comfortable with an authority comming into your home and telling you what you may and may not have?

Old 12-19-2008, 03:04 PM

The only concealed weapon I carry is in my pants and when I say weapon I mean *****.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My beautiful thread is still alive, thanks!

Old 12-19-2008, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

My beautiful thread is still alive, thanks!
"X" I picture you to be like the Dr. Claw or whatever his name was in the old cartoon inspector gadget, only instead of a cat, you have a chihuahua(sp?) You start threads to "stir the pot" and sit back in your evil chair and enjoy.......Do you sound like him? Or have an evil robotic hand?

Old 12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, you nailed it. Actually concealed and open carry are topics that are near and dear to me, and rights that none of us should have to be without.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:17 PM

u meen I dont hav to be smart to protekt me? I am eqwel? But who shuld hav thos rites?

Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned

That sounds a tad bit elitist?
Yes. But that doesn't make it wrong.

this isn't a personal attack by any means friend.
Likewise

But we could implement that logic to who drives a car, or better yet as seen every day who bears children.
Almost any retard with $300 can legallyown a gun, almost any two retards of opposite sexcan make children that you and I will have to support, but you still need to pass a test to drive a car legally.

Would you be comfortable with an authority comming into your home and telling you what you may and may not have?
It happens now.

The FDA does that everyday, ask any cancer patient that wants european drugs that can't have them here. Icannot fly to Cuba from the U.S. Why can't I legally buy heroin? Why can't I legally buy a hooker in Florida? I can finally buy Absinthe (with no active ingredient), but for years I couldn't.It is illegal in the United States to import, export, distribute, transport, manufacture, or sell products containing dog or cat fur in the United States.

My point is that I am not anti-gun. I am just posing a counterpoint that seems to be missing on this forum. Like I said I have a few guns, but I do not worship these 'objects' like others on this forum, they are tools to spread either fear or death and I am cool with it.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Well fish. Its very hard to argue with that. You present a very good point. The whole object is that all law abinding citizens have the right to protect themselves and their property. The elderly, the poor, the weak and the rich all have the great equalizer against those who would do them harm. Freedom, safety and survival are the most basic of needs,

Quick Reply: Concealed carry works