Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry works

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concealed carry works

Jules, you must know that getting a concealed carry license here in the states isn't easy. A background check is done on the prospective person, and they are required to undertake a training/education program. It works for us (some states), and I feel the UK has a similar society, so i believe it would work for you as well. It's not that I feel it makes you safer or prevents crime, in fact, I'm pretty sure that the same amount of gun crimes would happen whether or not we could own (and conceal) a firearm. It is an individual right, and I feel no one should be denied this right. If we are certain that it caused more harm than good, then maybe the laws should be reconsidered. Until then...

And even though I own guns, and could get a conceal/carry permit, I don't choose to, because I don't believe it's for me. I'm not the type who would feel comfortable discharging a weapon at a person, no matter the circumstances. I can't make myself comfortable with that idea, so I choose to not carry. For those who can handle the responsibility, I say more power to them!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:07 AM

HARDCORP 8654
I am also a pround member of the US, a card carrying member of the NRA, ORPA, and a few others. i also have conceal carry and i carry a sig sauer 226 in a .357 sig. one thing you are over looking and she is unsing against you is how hard it is to get a firearm in the states. i *believe* all felony's barr you from ever purchasing a gun and many misdameanors(sp) do as well. So jules your "thugs" couldnt purchase a gun from a store anyways. only good law abiding citizens. there are so many factors that barr you from purchasing a gun its not even funny, medical conditions, type of perscriptions, some places even drug test!

all i have to say in closing is when obama comes for my guns he is getting the ammo FIRST.

nate

Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Sorry X for the momentary thread jacking
My threads are for the enjoyment of everyone.

I'm a people person.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I thought I had made that clear in the post about lowlife scum. But maybe I didn't

I appreciated X., if you're still looking to start your own team were still up for hire and growing in number looking to add an aviation wing and a maritime interdiction force. Nothing like fast boats and RIBs to round things out

Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't resist stirring the pot a little on this one.......

Firstly, only from my cold dead hand will you take my weapon........

During the Zimbabwean war, the ladies carried Uzi's almost as a fashion accessory !
Everyone went everywhere fully armed and primed for trouble.
Farmhouses had an agrinet radio system and a reaction force to deal with incursions..........

On the farms in SA before the change in 94 we had land mines, anti-tank and -personnel mines, butterfly mines etc etc etc. Lost a lot of good hard working honest farmers.
We used my all time favourite in defence - Claymores - gotta love 'em !

If you live in a country that doesn't have many guns, and hasn't had to deal with terrorism, it's hard to comprehend how naked you feel without one.
Africa isn't a nice place to wander around after dark, esp in big city areas.
HC knows from his recent adventures in Africa how bad it can be.
Stay safe in your little Welsh hamlet, Jules, the world beyond the Shire is full of Sauron's minions !

Old 12-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shadow

Stay safe in your little Welsh hamlet, Jules, the world beyond the Shire is full of Saurons minions !

Oh, I intend to sweetheart :-) .. I dont need a bullet proof vest or a gun to walk down this tow path ... the biggest threat are the boat people offering me copious amounts of tea, quite lethal in terms of caffeine overdose ..lol

Old 12-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

Are you attempting to change the subject with your pretty pictures Jules?

Old 12-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Banned
Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got your concealed weapon... Right here!!! (points down) giggity giggity...

Old 12-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dr.Fingers

i've got your concealed weapon... Right here!!! (points down) giggity giggity...

Name:  cfac-swissminigun-a-super-tiny-gun-.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  13.5 KB

Quick Reply: Concealed carry works