Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

conceal carry

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: conceal carry

Dfour, the way that you are talking, you are a thug. Speaking from a leo's point of view, If you are knowingly carrying a gun, and refusing to get a ccw permit, you arent any better then the rest of the criminals out there, but you talk down about them. The law does give you provision to defend yourself against a thug who is illegallly carrying a handgun. Its called a carry permit. Im sure if you could get a license, you would, which means your probably have a felony or something else on your record preventing you from doing so. As it is not difficult to do and would save you jail time. It doesnt matter whether your "out there commiting felonies" or knowlingly commiting a first degree misdemeanor daily. As a member of society, you are obliged to follow the law's that were put in place. I will say it again, you are nothing more than the common thug that I arrest off the streets.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Iguanacbr

Dfour, the way that you are talking, you are a thug. Speaking from a leo's point of view, If you are knowingly carrying a gun, and refusing to get a ccw permit, you arent any better then the rest of the criminals out there, but you talk down about them. The law does give you provision to defend yourself against a thug who is illegallly carrying a handgun. Its called a carry permit. Im sure if you could get a license, you would, which means your probably have a felony or something else on your record preventing you from doing so. As it is not difficult to do and would save you jail time. It doesnt matter whether your "out there commiting felonies" or knowlingly commiting a first degree misdemeanor daily. As a member of society, you are obliged to follow the law's that were put in place. I will say it again, you are nothing more than the common thug that I arrest off the streets.
Iguana, this thread is being very strictly regulated by the Mods and Admins. Many posts have been moved so far. Thank you for becoming a member of our site! Your experience as a law enforcement officer will be invaluable! Please keep individual "call outs' to a minimum. Let's get back on topic, and again, thanks for signing up....

Old 08-24-2008, 06:34 AM

I do apologize for my behavior voodoo. I guess I should read the rules and regulations before going on another rant. I am stillfirm about what i said, but next time I will keep such opinions to myself. aka, if I cant say anything nice, i wont say anything at all. ;o)
Thanks for the heads up.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Finally received permit yesterday.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have my ccp yet, but will be getting it within the next month. Have great memories of going out in the woods with my grandfather. He would fix a soda can up on a tree or post and have me stand far back and tell me which part of the can to hit. Great hikes.

I have a Walther P22. It has been awhile since I have been an active shooter, so I got a smaller handgun as I'm not a hunter.
Name:  gu.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  91.4 KB

Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 AM

glock .40 sub compact

Old 10-04-2008, 08:37 AM

I will be getting my permit fairly soon but I will carrying a Smith&Wesson Military and Police edition 9mm.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Iguanacbr

I'm not sure which Concord you're from in Ohio as we have at least 4 of them but you must be from a pretty rough place to have an attitude like that. Where I come from its as common to carry a weapon as it is to drive over the speed limit. Guns aren't just for thugs or self preservation.....people shoot for recreation here. Many people keep guns in their vehicles, its not uncommon to see someone pull off the side of the road , pull out a pistol or rifle and shoot at a ground hog. If you see someone messing with a gun here, its not something to fear, its a conversation starter........ I've gone on dates with chicks who carry......spill out their purse.....it comes tumbling out.... We dont have a problem with gun violence or thugs for that matter. Most of the time if someone gets arrested around here......they are from up north around dayton or somewhere like that.
Keep in mind this country is more diverse than what you may see where you live....not much ghetto here......