Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Concealed carry.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concealed carry.

Ok I just got my concealed carry permint and I'm planing on carrying while I'm on my bike. I'm wondering if anyone else carries while they ride and if so how do you carry, right now I'm looking at the inside pocket of my jacket as an option. Any other ideas that won't effect rideing style nor movement

Old 03-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Bro

If it was me I think I would go with something like this
://www.amazon.com/NcStar-Ambidextrous-Horizontal-Shoulder-CV2909/dp/B0041C984C/ref=sr_1_11?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1364194374&sr=1-11
The pocket idea sounds stupide to me but it could easily fall out and possibly go off

Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 AM

If it was in the pocket it would be in a pocket holster and the pocket zips. If I have a shoulder holster I couldn't take my jaket off unless I carryed another type of holster but thanks for the link ill take a look at it

Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Why would you need to carry on the bike? If you get in a situation that you would need to defend yourself, it would be easier to speed away than get your gloves and gear off to get to your weapon. It's only self defense if there is no other way out. Besides, if it's on your body, you risk injury from landing on it if you crash. Why not pack it on the bike somewhere, then carry it when you're off the bike?

Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

You carry on a bike for the same reason you would carry in a car or in the grocery store. Ad as far as it is not self defense if there is no other way out, guess it all depends on how the law in your state is written and if you are defending yourself or someone else.

Small tank bag with a divider or two. Lucky for me I am,also left handed so if for some reason I wild have to reach for it while moving I wouldn't be weak handing it. And I only carry a Sig on the bike so I don't have to worry about a safety with the gloves on.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM

That's a good idea Scott , demon, the gun isn't for while your rideing it's for while your stopped and someone desides to use deadly force on you, I.e. pulls a gun or knife on you instead of haveing to do what they say you can just blow them away plain and simple . I'm not worried about useing the weapon while in motion that's just dumb not to even go into the legal points if few. As far as satalite carrying it I didn't think about that.
Scott, do you have any issues changeing carrying points when you carry like that? I.e. you get to wear you are going and put it in a holster without drawing many looks from people?

Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

I just leave it in the bag since it is just a single zipper it is easy enough to open n a hurry. There is a small handle and also a shoulder strap to carry it by. I just make sure if I go to the restroom or something either me or one of my buddies with their license has possession of it.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inside jacket pockets work.
But I have rifle scabbards mounted on each side of my bike, so I generally just use a handgun for little stuff.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 PM

I carry every time I walk out of my house. But I live in PA, so I usually open carry out of comfort. I have a DeSantis Mini slide holster. I carry it on my hip at the 3 o'clock. When I get on the bike, I throw my jacket on and go. Concealed, open, doesn't matter to me. And I do have my LTCF (License to Carry a Firearm), because even if I am open carrying, once I am in a vehicle or on my bike, it is considered concealed.

If you are going to carry in a holster, make sure it has good retention. In a pocket, on your jacket is ok, but make sure it zips. I have thought about a tank bag, but not comfortable with not having it in my controlled possession.

I carry on the bike, but not for having to worry about shooting while riding, but like someone said, at stops, when the potential for danger exists. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:00 AM

I have decided on this as well. I'm leaning on carrying on my thighs versus hip or jacket. Not that I will unholster while riding, but while leaned on the tank, you can reach most of the way down your thigh.. That's the most comfortable spot for me to carry. As far as falling, I don't plan on having a round chambered. Not to mention the fact that if in a highside or lowside crash.. If my knee goes high enough to make a thigh holstered gun point at my head AND enough friction happens at the same time....... Well...... I'll prob be in enough trouble anyways that a bullet to the head would end pain faster than suffering in a pretzel like state for moments before death. Kinda grusesome but real. I will carry for when deadly force is indeed necessary. Not for show. Not for fun. It is my constitutional right to protect myself on an already dangerous machine.

Quick Reply: Concealed carry.