Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CCW - What do you carry?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCW - What do you carry?

Those of us whom have our CCW License I was just curious as to what you guys / gals carry? Even if you don't have your CCW, what is your favorite gun you own? My daily carry is a .40 caliber Springfield Armory Sub-Compact X-40. I really like the fact that it is small and very easy to conceal even with an extra magazine it is still small enough to not be noticed yet has plenty of stopping power being a 40 caliber. It is also surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. Every once in a while when I'm feeling froggy I throw on the shoulder hostler and carry my 50 caliber Desert Eagle but that thing is a beast and way too much overkill so it very rarely leaves it's case other than when the buddies and I go to the range.

Last edited by CapoCam; 11-04-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've carried several different guns over the years. I started with my G21 in a shoulder rig, but that got old. Then I tried various other combinations and I settled with a S&W M&P9C IWB (which is an excellent choice and piece, btw), but then I got tired of that even...and now I just carry a Ruger LCP in my pocket. It's just too convenient...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Can I ask why do you's carry guns?

Old 11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Heedly
Can I ask why do you's carry guns?

Oh noes Heedly, don't go there ..they are all in America ... we are tucked
away here on these wee Isles and it's alien to us but one thing I learned is
they seem to have guns in the way we might own mobile phones ..lol

Jules

Old 11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned

Used to have a Ruger P95 9mm I used to carry around every now and then but sold it to get motorcycle tires a few years ago. Boy, that gun was a blast and I often miss having it. Still have my CCW, though, and will continue to keep renewing it. I never know when the urge to own one will strike again...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cycle between three guns depending on the conditions. G19 9mm, Sig P229 .40 S&W and a S&W 629 .44 mag. The .44 mag is my hunting/fishing gun for 4 legged nastys.

I am currently looking for a sub compact for hot Summer days. It will replace the G19 which is a little bulky.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM

I've had my CCW for a few years and have had a couple different carries. I don't often "carry" it on my person as much as I keep a loaded sidearm within proximal reach in my vehicle.

My current carry is a S&W Sigma chambered in .357 SIG. It's an amazing package with the huge muzzle velocity, high cap magazine, and relatively small size. I believe unloaded weight is right around 24-25 ounces. It quickly replaced the Sig 226 as my travel and bedside choice.

My first pistol was a Beretta 92fs in 9mm. To this day one of most accurate and well balanced pieces of engineering wonder I've ever held. Unfortunately it's a monster and nearly impossible to carry discreetly.

CapoCam- I picked up a Springfield XD-9 about 2 years ago from a guy getting a divorce because the price was super right (I believe it was $200 and he threw in a decent gun vault and about 300 rounds.) I knew almost nothing about the gun aside from a couple reviews I read, but it was love at first squeeze. I have these freakishly-large hands (picture those foam fingers you see at sporting events. Seriously, I'm like Mikey Mouse) and the XD has great, easy to use ergos. If you need a line on high-cap mags, give me a buzz.

Steve

PS- I carry a gun because at the end of the day, I don't trust 100% of the human population. It makes me trust just a bit more. "It's better to have it and not need it, then you need it and not have." -English proverb applied to American ideal

Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 AM

Depending on what I'm wearing or what time of year it is, I may be carrying this Kel-Tec .380
Name:  KelTec.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  47.1 KB

Or I may be carrying my Kimber Grand Raptor Custom in 45 ACP
Name:  Kimber.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  87.3 KB

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juliet
Oh noes Heedly, don't go there ..they are all in America ... we are tucked
away here on these wee Isles and it's alien to us but one thing I learned is
they seem to have guns in the way we might own mobile phones ..lol

Jules
Hey now! Don't you go generalizin' young lady! Some of us on this side of the pond think its just as silly as you do!!

Now don't get me wrong, I've got 3 hand guns and 8 hunting rifles/shotguns back home and I'm all about the right to bear arms and hunting and what-have-you.. but to keep a loaded pistol on my person under almost any circumstance just seems to be inviting trouble. Now don't you all flame meh!!! I'm not trying to start an argument here!

p.s. That said, I do at least respect the fellas that do it the "right way" and register their firearms and take the CCW class if they're gonna try to carry a loaded weapon in public.

Last edited by chuckbear; 11-05-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Quick Reply: CCW - What do you carry?