Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do you carry a gun when you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you carry a gun when you ride?

Does anybody carry when they ride?
Where do you keep your gun?
I have glock that I plan to carry when I get my bike next month and a licence for it. I just want to know what you guys do when you ride.
Thanks
Brad

Old 06-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Default RE: Do you carry a gun when you ride?

Jackass-rig works good, under the jacket.

Old 06-08-2006, 04:53 PM

no room on my bike. you could always get the under the arm holster for under your jacket

J

Old 06-08-2006, 05:07 PM

i know of a few guys who carry when they ride. they store under the passenger seat (not RR's).

brad, being 6'6 i don't suppose too many people mess with you...

Old 06-08-2006, 05:12 PM

I've wondered about that. I'm a firearms buff, but don't bother carrying. If I were to go over, that sidearm would cause some serious broken ribs if I landed on it. Then there's no room under the seat and you couldn't really get to it quick enough if a problem were to arise. I guess a tank bag would be a good solution.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:42 PM

I rode with mine in my front pocket. It had a bianchi sure fit holster and never moved around and it was my glock 21. But if i was going on a dedicated ride i wouldnt carry only if i was just driving around town on it.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:10 PM

I have been in a few situations where I seriously considered bringing it and or keeping it on the bike. But the more I thought about it, the more I was thinking its never a good idea to pull it unless u plan to follow through...and the way the law works, at least in Il...the person with the gun is always automaticly guilty no matter if you were being robbed or whatever. That being said I just leave mine in my desk in the event of a disgruntled employee lol

Old 06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, im glad i live in texas! we are all for guns here. next month i turn 21 so i can finally buy a handgun, im getting a glock 40 or 45. ill just get the shoulder harness.

WHEN 911 IS NOT AN OPTION, SMITH AND WESSON IS!

Old 06-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Retired Administrator

I carry a 9mm Taurus 24/7 4" with me most of the time. I use an inside the pants holster and carry in the small of my back or on my right side. It becomes visible most of the time, but that's ok. Most of the public assume people that carry guns are bad and stay away from you while you are riding. Its funny how many riders are hit because people never see them, but everyone notices the ones that are packing.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:42 PM

I'd never carry a gun on a bike, not only is it going to break your ribs or worse in a crash but I can't see of a situation where I'd need it. I'm not stupid enough to go tooling around the ghetto so I can get robbed (and I'd carry a knife if I was worried about that) and in a traffic confrontation, just taking off is always going to give you the best results.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun when you ride?