Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Close Call

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Call

Well yesterday i was going to go meet my friend to go riding. I was going down the road in the left lane, when i was sitting first car in lineat a red light with pretty heavy traffic when i remembered i could take a left so i push my bike from the left lane to the turn lane and about 10 seconds latera car in the lane i just was runs the red light and side swipes a car going through the light spinning it around 2 1/2 times totalling both cars. I just sat there staring in awebecause the car was going so fast i could feel the wind and got hit with a piece of plastic from one of the vehicles.I amstill inshock andwondering if the car would have saw me at all if i stayed in that lane. These kinda events makes you a believer.

Anyone else have any really close calls?

Old 01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned
Default RE: Close Call

Wow!!!!!

That is one of those "how do you explain that" situations. I have had some similar things happen while in my cage, but never on the bike. I dont think it ever sunk in quite like it would in your situation. Good to hear your able to tell the story, I am sure the driver would never have seen you, being that they just plowed right through the stop light.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:41 PM

When I was a kid I had one with my mom in her car. We left the house and started to head to the mall. About halfway there she realized she forgot her wallet. So we turned around and went back to pick up her wallet. On the way back to the mall there is a four way stop. Well I guess a Semi lost its brakes coming down the hill and couldnt stop or even slow down for the stop sign.The truck T-boned the passenger side of a car killing the woman driving. Well that car happened to be behind uswhen we were going to the mall the first time. I kind of think that she took our spot and if we didnt turn around that would of been us.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:51 PM

WOw these stories are crazy. Im glad everyone here is alright.
Thas some crazy ****.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

When I was a kid I had one with my mom in her car. We left the house and started to head to the mall. About halfway there she realized she forgot her wallet. So we turned around and went back to pick up her wallet. On the way back to the mall there is a four way stop. Well I guess a Semi lost its brakes coming down the hill and couldnt stop or even slow down for the stop sign.The truck T-boned the passenger side of a car killing the woman driving. Well that car happened to be behind uswhen we were going to the mall the first time. I kind of think that she took our spot and if we didnt turn around that would of been us.
Wow, that is a crazy story.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:43 PM

i live in florida, all the crazy people tend to vaca here or they come here when they are getting chased by the law for killing their family in the middle of the night along with the neighbor's dog just cause it pooped in the guys yard once. crazy happens on the daily .02

Old 01-30-2008, 02:28 PM

Mom driving her Corvair(!) with us kids inside, driving at night through an industrial area. It's winter, heater going, radio going full blast, as she crosses a train track (no crossing barrier). I look to the right and see a freight train 6 feet away! The driver is pulling frantically on the horn, face as white as a ghost as Mom casually crosses. She never even saw him! Years later, Mom again, this time in a station wagon. Driving through Tennesee mountains she decides to pass a semi. Halfway past she sees a car coming, floors it and whips back in front of the truck. Loses the rear end, does several 360's and ends up facing back the way we had come in the opposite lane. She once had her picture in the local paper because someone forced her off the road and she drove the car up a guy wire! It was balanced perfectly, she had to sit there until the fire department got her down!