Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CCW - What do you carry?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought the smartcarry seemed like a decent idea....especially for smaller frames.

Here is a pic of the ones I usually use. As you can see, the LCP is tiny enough to just slip in any pocket.
The one in the middle is the M&P in the Uncle Mike's IWB. Works good.
The top is the G21 in a blackhawk serpa CQC. What I like about it is the locking mechanism. You touch the square button on the side to unlock the gun from the holster. Once you practice with it a bit, it takes no time to draw and it feels natural. You don't have to worry about someone taking your gun because it's locked in. Unless they can rip through my 2" leather belt, it's not gonna happen.....

Name:  IMG_0098-1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  56.0 KB

Old 11-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Askin cause I'm gonna change my normal carry position. Have a cheap holster (in / out waistband) I normally locate to the right of my spine. But when I'm riding can stop being concealed if my jacket pulls up too high (which can be considered brandishing depending on the cop).

It has been pointed out by others wiser than me, that carrying anywhere around your lower back on a bike, will get you a fractured spine in a hurry.- If you fall off and land on the weapon that is.........which is quite likely.....
You may want to re-think that one, Kuro

FWIW

Old 11-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
It has been pointed out by others wiser than me, that carrying anywhere around your lower back on a bike, will get you a fractured spine in a hurry.- If you fall off and land on the weapon that is.........which is quite likely.....
You may want to re-think that one, Kuro

FWIW
Lol that's why my carry position is changing

Old 11-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only have enough room in my shorts for Junior Johnson and the twins, and a couple of hemorrhoids. I'd have to stick the gun clear up my......

Old 11-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Originally Posted by JHouse
I only have enough room in my shorts for Junior Johnson and the twins, and a couple of hemorrhoids. I'd have to stick the gun clear up my......

Gives a whole new meaning to the "concealed" part...

Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gives a whole new meaning to the "concealed" part...
Yeah, and the term "packing".

Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Default ..........when carry a passenger

You might unfortunately get the nervous feeling of riding with a
Tall Greek as a passenger

Seriously though best to carry somewhere up and under the armpit
area...........the shirts are a good way to do this.

Last edited by Sprock; 11-16-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Well well, it seems my comments have sparked some very interesting debate here. I have to admit that I feel a lot more enlightened on the subject, not just about types of guns but cultural approach too.
I can understand all the points of view put here and should point out that I was in no way trying to be judgemental.
I think there is some misunderstanding about our various cultural attitudes about guns and believe that my attitude towards guns is one that would be shared by most people in the UK.
Our police force have never been routinely armed unlike almost all others across the world. Once in a while the subject comes up for debate but the pro argument has never succeeded in bring change. I hope this never happens. Like I said, if they need them there's never an armed unit far away.
Criminals can and do get hold of them. Every now and again people get shot. Hey ho... that's the world we live in. Statistically it's very unlikely to happen to anyone here so worrying about it is futile. Carrying in the UK is strictly prohibited. It all helps reduce the odds.
I just wouldn't have one, even for recreational purposes. I have enough friends who have them and can get to use one any time though I rarely do.
I hope you never have to use your piece against anyone for any reason but if carrying one improves your life good luck to you.
This thread has made great reading. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:33 PM

HenryM, I respect you beliefs and hope you never have to change them. But I think I posted it in another thread about the day the LAPD got so thoroughly outgunned they were raiding sporting good stores for weapons.

Nobody thought they'd ever see that day.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:40 PM

Ok so i got this today on the cheap and slapped a Bushnell 4x32 on it. I love to go to the range and this i can shoot ALL day for super cheap

Name:  22008JPG.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  92.8 KB

Savage Arms Model 64 .22l

Quick Reply: CCW - What do you carry?