Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CCW - What do you carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did i mention my M4 and 870?

Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fearless4x4
LOL.. That's funny.
Although I guess they do make a 46 is you count the .460 SW Magnum. Then there's the .50AE, too.
But yeah, for all intensive purposes... .45ACP is a great way to go. And nothing says "big mistake" quite like the business end of a 1911 in .45ACP...

x2 I love my xd9
True. Great guns for sure. Fun and reliable.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

ya i know they make the .460, .500 and the 50AE. but i tend to classify them a lil outta the "concealable" range. a lil to big. the xd 45 i have is a challenge to hide sometimes. and thats a fairly large-framed pistol as well.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:59 AM

nice pics all, me and the wife don't have a ccw but we have taken the class, I have been thinking of taking the class again and getting it because of the local cops here that being said here is the story behind the comment. One night a couple of yrs ago me the wife and the daughter were sleeping and the dogs started to go nuts around 2 am, the wife woke me up to tell me somone was trying to break in to the house so I got up and went to the door and listened and there was some guy tryin to get in so I yelled through the door to leave and he said "let me in" so i went and got my daughter and took her to our room and told my wife to call 911 and have the police come out because of this guy.(this is where it gets good) the dispatch told my wife that the police were to busy, so I told her to call the dispatch again and tell the lady that I was armed so she did and then I got on the phone with the dispatch and told her that if they did not send someone out and this guy got in i was going to protect my family with deadly force, she told me I could not shoot him if the person gets in and I calmly told her that if this person gets in I will shoot him and then the police could bring a body bag to get him ( while all this is happing the same guy is going around my house trying to get in to the front and then the back door yelling to let him in) after I told her that the police were here in about 5 mins (she called me back and asked if I would mind putting the gun(s) away) ( I had 2 shotguns and a 357 out at the time )when the police showed up. they came and took him away. so now I have very little faith in our local law enforcement.
btw we live in a town of about 150,00 and the sound of sirens are rare too hear

Old 01-29-2010, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Rod38um
Depending on what I'm wearing or what time of year it is, I may be carrying this Kel-Tec .380

Or I may be carrying my Kimber Grand Raptor Custom in 45 ACP
My buddy has the kimber 1911 which has the dragon scales like yours...makes me drool lol i just got my S&W .40 but no ccw yet just target practice with it.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 PM

hey capocam stick with the springfield, and please i urge you to reconsider yor choice of carrying the eagle, it big, heavy, hard to conceal, only fits seven bullets. when i lived in the states, i often chose to carry a full sized pistol, i happen to be rather big, so its easier to conceal,if your small then stick with subcompacts, if you do change your mind to switch to a full size, then i urge you to check out this pistol it is made by FN it called the Five seveN it fires a 5.7 x 8mm round which can pierce body armor, it is also rather light, easy to conseal, and happens to have a 20 round magazine,, thats a lot of firepower, unless you happen to live in a state that has a low magazine limit.

remeber we carry not to show off or invoke trouble, but to protect our selves, this is because it is unfortunate that we cannot trust everyon.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:33 PM

the only weapon i carry is my M16A2. ha ha but my favorite weapon i own is my first rifle given to me, my marlin 30/30 perfect brush gun for the Maine woods. i also have my first shot gun, a .410 single shot, ha ha. it brings down a deer with a slug.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Default Hardcorp logic

I took the time to read most all of this, It's very interesting. I heard first hand and seen some of Hardcorp's gun stuff on here. I'm not going to debate with you people about your rights here in America to carry a gun but I'm probably going to get beat up for the next part, but it's the truth. I am a very big hunter everything from Turkey to mule deer in the Midwest. I have a valid CCW but I will not carry a gun at all. I use to carry all the time up until this happened. We were having a barbecue a summer or so ago. Hardcorp happened to be home at the time and there was a friend of mine, who had just bought a new Kimber to carry. There was a couple of us looking at his new gun and talking about carrying. Hardcorp walked up and wanted to know if we would like to see a trick. We said why not. Hardcorp said I bet you a $100 bill I can take that away from you before you can pull the trigger with it in a cocked position. Anyone of you want to try. We double checked to make sure that it was unloaded and pulled the hammer back to the cocked position. He did exactly what he said. Over the next hour about four of us, more them than me, after having my arms about broke a couple of times, I stood on the sidelines and watched. It didn't matter what position you held it in, gangster style, double handed stance or cup and saucer from 0 feet out to about 5 feet away you were dead meat. He let a couple of them try to draw it from different positions and I watched them end up on their backside every time. It made me think meeting a person like Hardcorp on the streets in some kind of gunfight. It would be the end of most of us. I said I am glad there are not too many people out there like you. His reply was we are cranking them out by the thousands now days. This is something we are teaching daily. He said I do not suggest even those who have been trained to try it unless it's a real life and death situation but once you have been taught, It's like second nature. With him saying that, I decided I'd be better off learning what he had just showed us and leave my colt at home. I keep a shotgun handy around the house for protection and that's it. In one of the old gun threads, he talks about really taking a gun away from some guys. It's around here somewhere I read it right after his death. God Bless you Tim, miss you everyday.

So my answer is Nothing

This thing took place in my front yard, what a day ! The part about taking a gun away from somebody is on page 4 https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/real-fvcking-rant-bad-day-update-66586/

In this thread he talks about what to carry if you care https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/hey-gun-people-51107/

Last edited by mike18; 01-31-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Found the links
Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Beretta 92FS Inox Stainless Steel.

Only carried it once on me - felt kinda weird at first. But I'm glad to know that I CAN carry it legally if I ever want/need to.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:44 PM

I've had mine going on 5 years, my baby is a glock 30 .45 double stack, mostly the winter or under a long shirt gun. Summer/tshirt/grab and go is a bi tone green and black keltec .380. Once i find a comfortable shoulder holster for my colt king cobra .357 i can use that one under a coat as well. For now the colt, the glock and the AR15 are on house duty.

I didnt read through all of this, everyone can think what they can about me or "us" that carry. I had a case where some gents were trying to bust into my condo when i lived in aurora. Was told like another story i read on here that it was not priority by the police. So i said thats fine when they make it in you guys can come clean up the mess (colorado has the "make my day" law, basically if they come into your home uninvited and are threatening, game on) then a few months after having my ccw i had a young kid maybe 17-18 drop around a 9" hunting knife into my drivers door as i was parking at a mall, requesting my wallet and keys to the truck, i could feel the tip of the blade against my ribs. I said alright man its all good let me reach for my wallet and then i'll get out of the truck, went for my wallet and came up with the .45. Cops caught him running for his life across the parking lot and i was told after everything was sorted out by the officer that "If i were in your shoes i would have shot him" First off the lil biatch left his knife in my truck when he took off running, 2 he took off faster than anything i have ever seen and 3.my brother was a cop, all my buddies are cops but along with that gentleman dont shoot perps in the back as my brother always said. Somewhat ironically my brother was shot in the back during a routine traffic stop, going on 10 years ago. He turned to walk back to his patrol car and took one .45 round through the back of his neck. After he always spoke of how no matter what he would never shoot someone in the back, thats how he was taken

Last edited by Rs2nV; 04-11-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: CCW - What do you carry?