Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bush vetoes child health insurance plan

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bush vetoes child health insurance plan

I wonder if there has ever been a time when the rich didn't get richer and the poor didn't get poorer. The rich seem to always stay where they are at, and the poor and middle class change places. Think of all the great uprisings in our world's history. Have the poor ever made out for the better? I think the answer is NO. If we can't change history in thousands of years, we have little hope ofone president changing the world for the better...is your glass half full or half empty? Mine is half empty...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

"Poor kids first," Bush said later in explaining his decision, reflecting a concern that some of the bill's benefits would go to families at higher incomes. "Secondly, I believe in private medicine, not the federal government running the health care system," he added in remarks to an audience in Lancaster, Pa. The president said he is willing to compromise with Congress "if they need a little more money in the bill to help us meet the objective of getting help for poor children."

Sounds good to me.

They quote Pelosi, Reid, Biden, and Dean for comments. I know it's a rotten bill if they're for it.
When will Kennedy, Kerry, and Clinton chime in and give us their "wisdom?"

Btw, aren't hot-button political issues something we should stay away from here?
bush is about higher income families,what has he done for middle class families?-the cost of living keeps going up
and the rich keeps getting richer!!!!

It'll always be like that.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

"Poor kids first," Bush said later in explaining his decision, reflecting a concern that some of the bill's benefits would go to families at higher incomes. "Secondly, I believe in private medicine, not the federal government running the health care system," he added in remarks to an audience in Lancaster, Pa. The president said he is willing to compromise with Congress "if they need a little more money in the bill to help us meet the objective of getting help for poor children."

Sounds good to me.

They quote Pelosi, Reid, Biden, and Dean for comments. I know it's a rotten bill if they're for it.
When will Kennedy, Kerry, and Clinton chime in and give us their "wisdom?"

Btw, aren't hot-button political issues something we should stay away from here?
bush is about higher income families,what has he done for middle class families?-the cost of living keeps going up
and the rich keeps getting richer!!!!
I'm done with this thread.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there is a "No Political/Religion" policy on this forum. Not to be a negative nancy, but if I wanted to hear political bickering, I would turn the TV to one of the news stations.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I wonder if there has ever been a time when the rich didn't get richer and the poor didn't get poorer. The rich seem to always stay where they are at, and the poor and middle class change places. Think of all the great uprisings in our world's history. Have the poor ever made out for the better? I think the answer is NO. If we can't change history in thousands of years, we have little hope ofone president changing the world for the better...is your glass half full or half empty? Mine is half empty...
mine is half empty too!!!Name:  sad.gif
Views: 7
Size:  244 Bytes
what are the rich going to do once there is no one left to buy??-or lie to!!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:27 PM

**post deleted by me to comply with Forum Rules**

I just re-read them and realized I was being part of the problem....sorry[]

Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I am often shocked by the fact that we are one of the only true civilized nations in the world that does not have a government run health care system understand the deregulation of airlines, Telephone companies, and etc. etc. but this is one thing that the government should regulate IF it not going to provide the services themselves I watched an interview with a British doctor who said that the reason that so many doctors practicing in other countries move to the United States is they can't make the kind of money anywhere else that they can here in the United States. I am absolutely all for capitalism and free trade and the right for a individual to earn a living. But should we as a whole suffer. I don't think that's what our forefathers intended